Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Meet Abby and Theo

Hi eveybody!  My name is Blaine and I have two Cutie Pie Curlies named Theodore OBI (Theo) and YS Kawaii(Abby). 


Theo is crossed with a Hanovarian which gives him his nice 15.3 size.  In pervious years I did Dressage and Jumping with him but I'm not sure he enjoys the limelight of shows.  He has been to the Midwest Horse fair as well but it's not his cup of tea.  He has been in training for 7 weeks learning how to focus and just fine tune control.  In that time he has worked cattle, been roped off of and they are asking for lead changes.  I plan on trying out endurance riding with him as he has so much stamina and seems to really enjoy trail riding.  We may do some Dressage shows this summer as well but that will all depend on him. He is the prime example of a puppy dog horse. I'm pretty sure he would sleep in my bed with me if I'd let him.



She was the Big Bad Wolf...you can't really see her teeth


Abby is my breed demo star.  She is a wonderful representative of the Curly Breed.  We attend the Midwest Horse Fair and this year we will be at the MN Horse expo as well.  Abby can do it all she drives, does dressage, we've started some reining, she shows western pleasure, hunt seat, I've jumped her, trail rode, given lessons, camped, and roped off her and she does them all really well!  This spring I have decided to breed her as well so you will all get to be updated on her baby's progress.  She does have a condition where her stifles lock and unfortunately it's worse in the winter.  I'm looking into having surgery done in Feb so she will be comfortable when carrying the baby. 

That's me and my horses I didn't get a chance to ride last night but I plan on logging some hours tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Both of your horses are beautiful and talented! It was nice to meet you at the state fair last year. Looking forward to hearing more from you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! Both horses (and the riders!) are stunning! We own a Hanoveranian/Curly Buckskin Mix, 16+ Hands, aren't they lovely? Hope to see many pictures and/or videos of you guys! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how versatile your horses are, they look great. I am sure you will love the endurance too, I love this sport as well!

    ReplyDelete