Wednesday, January 23, 2013

busy week

Runner has had a busy week.  we rode 15 miles on Sunday.  Monday he had his teeth floated.  Tuesday he had his hooves trimmed and then we rode 12 miles.  Today my neighbor was worried about him because he was laying flat out, sleeping for so long.  She went out and called him.  He was sound asleep.  He then got up and started grazing.

Runner learned a new trick on trail this week. putting on the brakes to drink water.  He is learning to be a good endurance horse.  Next week Runner will learn about trail rides.  Yes, we go on rides, where we just "walk".  But he will go on a trail ride in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.  The terrain is very rocky, and lots of hills.  I think he will enjoy this new adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie!
    I didn't know you signed up with Runner this year - welcome! I have had horses that I simply "wore out" too - and they sleep and sleep :)
    Where are the pictures? I can never get enough of seeing you riding him - it makes me soooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now I'm jealous... I can't wait to go on 15 miles training rides...for now I'm confined to an indoor. Drinking is really important so I guess that's a good trick to learn!

    ReplyDelete