Thursday, January 17, 2013
Introduction true Curly Horse Rescue
Hello fellow RAC-ers. Some of you know me and some don't. We own a ranch and run a B&B in South Central Kentucky. I am a board member and foster parent for Curly Horse Rescue. We started with "Red" who has a great home now. Then the "Kansas 5" came along. I was suppose to take Woody in for Peter and Caren Schumann and have him halter trained for his trip to Germany. Cinderella was joining to keep him comfort during the trip from Kansas to KY and first the plan was she would go to another foster. Then I saw Sam his sad sad face and I could not resist so we came home with three "unhandled" horses. But after a couple of months the other two, T-bar ( Jim) and Two-Two ( George) where in urgent need for a new foster since there was no hay at the foster where they where at. Again we took the trip to KS and came home with Jim and George. I started with Woody ( the one who flights I call him)...Peter and Caren will tell you all about him. Then I started Sam..boy he is a handful, he is a Fighter.. literary he thinks he will be my next lunch and still after all the work he is not totally convinced people are not all bad. He is broke to ride now, with some help of a trainer because I had to much on my plate, but he is far far from being ready. Then Cinderella, she is a teaser, likes to play catch. Winks at you to come close and then takes of. But she is as sweet as they can be. We decided to Adopt Sam and Cinderella. So I will be talking about them as Marion at Hidden Cave Ranch. Jim and George are still here as fosters and I am hoping to get at least George saddle trained so he will be adopted. Jim I hope somebody just falls in love with him. This boy is extremely shy...but then so was Woody and look at him now. The big difference is Woody still had/have a lot of curiosity and is very "open" Jim takes of and gives you the look...up yours ;-) you are not going to get me. So you be seeing me for Curly rescue and Hidden Cave Ranch. Have fun everybody. Jim and George the next day they came in.
- ► 2015 (83)
- Plow the trail, Mom! Found Big Foot(s) too!
- First Rain, Then Snow
- Danger in the Alps! That thing's gonna eat me!
- Brief Admin Message
- Baby steps
- Foster George is awesome
- Snow gone, a short ride and promoting curlies!
- Cows, injections, and fun times
- Going Bitless Is A Breeze
- Back in the saddle, minus the saddle
- Hats, a dog and a warm day!
- Saturday night i had my first night time beac...
- Suspicious shadow behind trees
- I'm here, I'm here!
- Chilly Weather and Macaroni Hands
- Was Bigfoot Watching?
- Harold!!! Sasquatch in Maine!!!
- Bigfoot in europe?
- BIg Foot in Eastern Ontario on Saturay
- Hello From Eastern Ohio
- Bigfoot Sighting in Eastern Ontario!!
- It's a heat wave!
- What an amazing way to spend a Saturday!
- Sooooo Cold
- I am already a failing foster mom...will I fail ag...
- busy week
- DE Shya - my soulmate
- Joining the Fun, Cause Susan Says So! =]
- First howdy!
- Mom, Can We Go, Too?
- Our Stallion Lydiker his second ride....unbelievab...
- The good the bad and the ugly
- Time to get back on the horse
- ride today
- Not fit for (wo)man nor curly beasties
- Hello, I am signing in to say "hello all!" I'm ...
- Hello, fellow Curly Lovers!
- A drive in the snow
- Greetings from freezing cold Finland! I'am takin...
- RAC: Curlies from Switzerland, check! :)
- Wish we could have done a "cyber-ride" - do cyber ...
- Meet Zachary, Jacob, and our Curly Flock Farm
- It Just Seemed Right
- Beautiful day , first ride in 6 months with Warrio...
- Because off the snow and smoothness we are not cap...
- Snowy Cyber Ride!
- "Ride With Me" and all my curlys!
- Pickles aka Miss Pix
- Ride With Me Down on the Farm!
- Announcing "Ride-with-Me" Cyber Ride Today!
- More and more comfort!
- Greetings from Pennsylvania!
- Brief Admin Interruption =]
- Comfort for my horse - a little "surprise"
- Hi from rainy WET Kentucky
- Introduction true Curly Horse Rescue
- Glad to be a part of the RAC for 2013!
- Hello Curly people from all over the world
- 2013 Introduction
- Bottom Line: Communication!
- 2013 RAC- Many more lessons to be learned!
- Hi there, I am Caren, the ghostwriter for Peter, m...
- Meet Abby and Theo
- Getting ready to ride...
- I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
- What a Start!!
- Great Fun!
- Let's Go Fellow 2013 RACers; Curlies Rock!
- Hello RAC 2013 ! My daughters Katie (14) and Char...
- Good Morning RAC !!!
- Fun and Exciting Year
- Hello World?I hope I'm doing this correctly! My na...
- Let the games begin!! Welcome to the Ride-A-Curly ...
- ▼ January (78)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)