Thursday, January 17, 2013
Hi from rainy WET Kentucky
Well here I am again, but now under Hidden Cave Ranch Curly Horses. We own a ranch and run a B&B and do trail rides with our curly horses. We also breed and our Stallion is Stagcreek Lydiker. This year we are expecting 3 possible ( not confirmed yet) 4 foals from him. It is a bit two sided...breeding on one hand ...rescuing on the other and honestly I am not sure what to do next year yet. But what I DO know is I am going to ride and train horses as much as I can, with as much different horses possible to get them all trained and well mannered. I am a little frustrated right now because we have so much rain rain rain there is no riding right now, to slick to muddy. Today actually the first dry day so maybe tomorrow at least I can start groundwork. We have Warrior Freedom, he is a beautiful gelding I trained myself. We had some "bucking" problems and he dumped me twice pretty bad, That hurted not only my ribs but also my confidence at lot. He is doing great now, but still we have problems with loping so that is my goal with him. Lope lope ......gallop and run LOL. WWW Blue eyed Jake. We went to get him for my husband, but honestly he was not as big as I thought he would be. However I felt totally in love with this boy he is such goof. My husband is very, big, tall and heavy, not allowed on a horse yet ;-). So I stole his horse. My goal with him is to start ACTHA competitions or other local competitive trail rides. He is still very green, when we got him he was only saddle trained for 5 months so he has still some miles to do before he is ready. He did enter the Christmas parade and he was super super, I could not be more proud of him. Sam, one of the K5. He is "saddle trained" but has a lot of issues. He is unpredictable and he "shuts down". My goal with him is to get his trust and his whole heart and not a little piece. My crown jewel Lydiker, our breeding Stallion. He will be 4 this year. I rode him only twice just to see how "trainable" he was before I used him as a breeding stallion. He needs to grow more in get more muscles. I did not wanted to push him to fast to young. He is awesome. He is very gaited and I hope I can learn how to ride him since I have no experience in gaited horses. If everything goes well I will show him at local horse shows. I am so excited about that, all we have here are Tennessee walkers, Rocky mountains and I don't even know what kind of gaited horses but NO curly horses...I hope we can steal the show with this black beauty. I can go on and on, but this is the start...many more horses at the farm who needs work, but lets begin with these horses. Freedom
- ► 2015 (83)
- Plow the trail, Mom! Found Big Foot(s) too!
- First Rain, Then Snow
- Danger in the Alps! That thing's gonna eat me!
- Brief Admin Message
- Baby steps
- Foster George is awesome
- Snow gone, a short ride and promoting curlies!
- Cows, injections, and fun times
- Going Bitless Is A Breeze
- Back in the saddle, minus the saddle
- Hats, a dog and a warm day!
- Saturday night i had my first night time beac...
- Suspicious shadow behind trees
- I'm here, I'm here!
- Chilly Weather and Macaroni Hands
- Was Bigfoot Watching?
- Harold!!! Sasquatch in Maine!!!
- Bigfoot in europe?
- BIg Foot in Eastern Ontario on Saturay
- Hello From Eastern Ohio
- Bigfoot Sighting in Eastern Ontario!!
- It's a heat wave!
- What an amazing way to spend a Saturday!
- Sooooo Cold
- I am already a failing foster mom...will I fail ag...
- busy week
- DE Shya - my soulmate
- Joining the Fun, Cause Susan Says So! =]
- First howdy!
- Mom, Can We Go, Too?
- Our Stallion Lydiker his second ride....unbelievab...
- The good the bad and the ugly
- Time to get back on the horse
- ride today
- Not fit for (wo)man nor curly beasties
- Hello, I am signing in to say "hello all!" I'm ...
- Hello, fellow Curly Lovers!
- A drive in the snow
- Greetings from freezing cold Finland! I'am takin...
- RAC: Curlies from Switzerland, check! :)
- Wish we could have done a "cyber-ride" - do cyber ...
- Meet Zachary, Jacob, and our Curly Flock Farm
- It Just Seemed Right
- Beautiful day , first ride in 6 months with Warrio...
- Because off the snow and smoothness we are not cap...
- Snowy Cyber Ride!
- "Ride With Me" and all my curlys!
- Pickles aka Miss Pix
- Ride With Me Down on the Farm!
- Announcing "Ride-with-Me" Cyber Ride Today!
- More and more comfort!
- Greetings from Pennsylvania!
- Brief Admin Interruption =]
- Comfort for my horse - a little "surprise"
- Hi from rainy WET Kentucky
- Introduction true Curly Horse Rescue
- Glad to be a part of the RAC for 2013!
- Hello Curly people from all over the world
- 2013 Introduction
- Bottom Line: Communication!
- 2013 RAC- Many more lessons to be learned!
- Hi there, I am Caren, the ghostwriter for Peter, m...
- Meet Abby and Theo
- Getting ready to ride...
- I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
- What a Start!!
- Great Fun!
- Let's Go Fellow 2013 RACers; Curlies Rock!
- Hello RAC 2013 ! My daughters Katie (14) and Char...
- Good Morning RAC !!!
- Fun and Exciting Year
- Hello World?I hope I'm doing this correctly! My na...
- Let the games begin!! Welcome to the Ride-A-Curly ...
- ▼ January (78)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)