Saturday, January 19, 2013
Pickles aka Miss Pix
I would like to introduce you to my husband's wonderful Curly horse, Pickles (DE Woehnta). My husband, Mark Fitzner, is severely allergic to horses but not to Curlies!!! Thanks to this wonderful breed Mark can now share my passion or shall we say obsession with horses. We were on the search for a horse for him when we came across an ad for curly horses in Tellico Plains, Tennessee. Carrie Ellis and her parents were kind enough to email us some pictures of the horses they had for sale and the moment Mark saw a picture of Woehnta and he knew he just had to have her. We drove down from Michigan with our trailer, unsure as to whether we would be returning with a horse or not. Once again, Mark took one look at Woehnta and was certain she was the one for him, Carrie even tried to show us the other horses they had but he had eyes for none other than her. Needless to say we brought her home and Mark renamed her Pickles. Now is probably the point that I should say that Mark had only ridden a horse maybe twice in his life, so needless to say, he was a green rider. His first time on her we walked in an indoor arena for about 2 minutes and he said "How do I make her go faster?". I just laughed and told him he needed to wait until we got to know her better, which of course was the next time we rode. Pickles has been a great teacher for Mark and he picked up riding easily. Shortly after we got her he joined me in competing in CMO (competitive mounted orienteering) and now we ride the rigorous trails in Tennessee. He and Pickles are soul-mates and are a perfect match for each other. Part of my goal this year is to alternate riding her and my horse Shya so I can work with her on being softer on the bit and giving to the pressure.
- ► 2015 (83)
- Plow the trail, Mom! Found Big Foot(s) too!
- First Rain, Then Snow
- Danger in the Alps! That thing's gonna eat me!
- Brief Admin Message
- Baby steps
- Foster George is awesome
- Snow gone, a short ride and promoting curlies!
- Cows, injections, and fun times
- Going Bitless Is A Breeze
- Back in the saddle, minus the saddle
- Hats, a dog and a warm day!
- Saturday night i had my first night time beac...
- Suspicious shadow behind trees
- I'm here, I'm here!
- Chilly Weather and Macaroni Hands
- Was Bigfoot Watching?
- Harold!!! Sasquatch in Maine!!!
- Bigfoot in europe?
- BIg Foot in Eastern Ontario on Saturay
- Hello From Eastern Ohio
- Bigfoot Sighting in Eastern Ontario!!
- It's a heat wave!
- What an amazing way to spend a Saturday!
- Sooooo Cold
- I am already a failing foster mom...will I fail ag...
- busy week
- DE Shya - my soulmate
- Joining the Fun, Cause Susan Says So! =]
- First howdy!
- Mom, Can We Go, Too?
- Our Stallion Lydiker his second ride....unbelievab...
- The good the bad and the ugly
- Time to get back on the horse
- ride today
- Not fit for (wo)man nor curly beasties
- Hello, I am signing in to say "hello all!" I'm ...
- Hello, fellow Curly Lovers!
- A drive in the snow
- Greetings from freezing cold Finland! I'am takin...
- RAC: Curlies from Switzerland, check! :)
- Wish we could have done a "cyber-ride" - do cyber ...
- Meet Zachary, Jacob, and our Curly Flock Farm
- It Just Seemed Right
- Beautiful day , first ride in 6 months with Warrio...
- Because off the snow and smoothness we are not cap...
- Snowy Cyber Ride!
- "Ride With Me" and all my curlys!
- Pickles aka Miss Pix
- Ride With Me Down on the Farm!
- Announcing "Ride-with-Me" Cyber Ride Today!
- More and more comfort!
- Greetings from Pennsylvania!
- Brief Admin Interruption =]
- Comfort for my horse - a little "surprise"
- Hi from rainy WET Kentucky
- Introduction true Curly Horse Rescue
- Glad to be a part of the RAC for 2013!
- Hello Curly people from all over the world
- 2013 Introduction
- Bottom Line: Communication!
- 2013 RAC- Many more lessons to be learned!
- Hi there, I am Caren, the ghostwriter for Peter, m...
- Meet Abby and Theo
- Getting ready to ride...
- I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
- What a Start!!
- Great Fun!
- Let's Go Fellow 2013 RACers; Curlies Rock!
- Hello RAC 2013 ! My daughters Katie (14) and Char...
- Good Morning RAC !!!
- Fun and Exciting Year
- Hello World?I hope I'm doing this correctly! My na...
- Let the games begin!! Welcome to the Ride-A-Curly ...
- ▼ January (78)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)