Tuesday, January 15, 2013
What a Start!!
Thanks so much Denise - it's awesome to be back at it!! And congratulations to Jessica for the great new logo! I think it resembles the RAC perfectly!!
For those who are new, my name is Donna Wilson and I am from Lunenburg, Ontario. My kickass Curly, HCH Make My Day (Linus) is from Stirling, ON! I purchased him prior to him being weaned and visited him until he was ready to come home. Once here, we started on groundwork and ground driving. We went for lots of walks and built a bond that is stronger than I've had with any other animal. He's my boy and he knows I'm his person! He stays between me and our Arab mare that belongs to my father.
I live off farm (not by choice! My husband has many allergies!) but nearby. My Dad and I raise Black Angus and Linus loves it when I ride him in there and for fun we will cut a heifer or steer out. He seems to have some natural cow sense. He's very good at it!
Linus is a smooth coated Curly and will be 4 this year. I've done all his training and have learned so much from him. They say once in a lifetime, you will have that one horse that is your "equine soul mate". For me, its Linus. We drive, though I still have to replace his now too small cart, and we love to trail ride! Linus loves doing obstacles too. He has the funniest personality and a knack for finding trouble! He would walk right into the house if you'd let him! But he is gentle as can be and my now 4 year old son has ridden him for about 3 years! My niece and nephew loves rides too and Linus LOVES kids!!
I was so delighted today when I finally had a light day on my mail route. Once chores were done, we saddled up and had a ride!! First time the saddle has been out since November!! We've had a couple of bareback rides in there but a massive snow storm took care of having anywhere to ride! Our January thaw has given some space back!!
We had a pretty spirited ride today. Linus was loaded but he always listens well. We checked a bit of fence and just meandered around. It was so great to be on his back again!! Our goal for this year is to step it up a notch. Linus is ready for more action and so am I! There really is something to be said for growing with your horse!!
You'll notice I post from my mobile a lot. As such, I cannot place my pictures so you'll have to bear with me!! All were taken today. From Linus before the ride waiting at the gate for me to checking on our herd bull, "Mac" to our goofy head shot!
Sent from my BlackBerry® phone powered by Koodo Mobile®.
- ► 2015 (83)
- Plow the trail, Mom! Found Big Foot(s) too!
- First Rain, Then Snow
- Danger in the Alps! That thing's gonna eat me!
- Brief Admin Message
- Baby steps
- Foster George is awesome
- Snow gone, a short ride and promoting curlies!
- Cows, injections, and fun times
- Going Bitless Is A Breeze
- Back in the saddle, minus the saddle
- Hats, a dog and a warm day!
- Saturday night i had my first night time beac...
- Suspicious shadow behind trees
- I'm here, I'm here!
- Chilly Weather and Macaroni Hands
- Was Bigfoot Watching?
- Harold!!! Sasquatch in Maine!!!
- Bigfoot in europe?
- BIg Foot in Eastern Ontario on Saturay
- Hello From Eastern Ohio
- Bigfoot Sighting in Eastern Ontario!!
- It's a heat wave!
- What an amazing way to spend a Saturday!
- Sooooo Cold
- I am already a failing foster mom...will I fail ag...
- busy week
- DE Shya - my soulmate
- Joining the Fun, Cause Susan Says So! =]
- First howdy!
- Mom, Can We Go, Too?
- Our Stallion Lydiker his second ride....unbelievab...
- The good the bad and the ugly
- Time to get back on the horse
- ride today
- Not fit for (wo)man nor curly beasties
- Hello, I am signing in to say "hello all!" I'm ...
- Hello, fellow Curly Lovers!
- A drive in the snow
- Greetings from freezing cold Finland! I'am takin...
- RAC: Curlies from Switzerland, check! :)
- Wish we could have done a "cyber-ride" - do cyber ...
- Meet Zachary, Jacob, and our Curly Flock Farm
- It Just Seemed Right
- Beautiful day , first ride in 6 months with Warrio...
- Because off the snow and smoothness we are not cap...
- Snowy Cyber Ride!
- "Ride With Me" and all my curlys!
- Pickles aka Miss Pix
- Ride With Me Down on the Farm!
- Announcing "Ride-with-Me" Cyber Ride Today!
- More and more comfort!
- Greetings from Pennsylvania!
- Brief Admin Interruption =]
- Comfort for my horse - a little "surprise"
- Hi from rainy WET Kentucky
- Introduction true Curly Horse Rescue
- Glad to be a part of the RAC for 2013!
- Hello Curly people from all over the world
- 2013 Introduction
- Bottom Line: Communication!
- 2013 RAC- Many more lessons to be learned!
- Hi there, I am Caren, the ghostwriter for Peter, m...
- Meet Abby and Theo
- Getting ready to ride...
- I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
- What a Start!!
- Great Fun!
- Let's Go Fellow 2013 RACers; Curlies Rock!
- Hello RAC 2013 ! My daughters Katie (14) and Char...
- Good Morning RAC !!!
- Fun and Exciting Year
- Hello World?I hope I'm doing this correctly! My na...
- Let the games begin!! Welcome to the Ride-A-Curly ...
- ▼ January (78)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)