Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beauty Day!

Sorry Harold, I thought I had loads of pictures that my nephew took but he unfortunately wasn't hitting the right button on my phone. So, all I have is the sorta sideways one. I was trying to get Linus' head while he was looking at something in the next field.
We started our ride up the road but turned around to head up the trail so that Essa, our farm Newfie, could safely join us. Her hearing isn't the greatest these days so it's safer for her to follow us off road.
Something had Allie on edge so Linus had to lead the way onto the trail. Once on it, she was fine. I think because Linus was so calm.
Dad wanted to cross a brush line bordering a hay field and a corn field. It was about 60' of uncleared brush but not thick. He didn't think Allie would go but I wanted to see if Linus would. So I pointed him towards it and he didn't even hesitate. We had to weave between and around a few branches and then step over a log and up a small ridge into the cornfield. Allie wouldn't follow and Dad didn't want to push her. So, much to the disappointment of Linus, we turned around and went back. But I was very proud of my brave boy!
So, we took a break from our driving training and it was well worth it. We've spent a great deal of time thinking of a unique dressup for Christmas.
I have an idea I think my niece will love...inspired by her too. But, its a secret!
I could not believe the weather today. No gloves, no winter coats. I wore a windbreaker and vest to ride! I do hope we have some snow for Christmas!
After our ride, I did some of my own groundwork and gave my cart a new coat of paint!
Looks great!
Donna & Linus
Waitin' for snow in Ontario!

7 comments:

  1. Donna I was glad to be out riding with you and your Pa even with out the pictures, please send some warmer weather to Minn.

    thanks Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna is your Newfie black like my Shelby??? I know ours is hard to hear me talk to her, love the dickens out of her though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trail horse you have there already, Donna! My goodness...leading with such confidence. Amazing. Great job and so glad you had fun even if the ride wasn't as long as you hoped. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna what am I supposed to do Susan said I was to pick on you from now on???
    Will this cause the battle of the borders?? I think Susan is wrong it is not to cold but then she is a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Harold, we will see who finds it too cold when we are riding in -20C weather!! Don't worry about the border battle, I will always come out on top because that's where Canada is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy oh boy oh boy, depends on which end you call up Eh????? I don't want your below weather. And being a man I will win. heehehe

    ReplyDelete