Friday, December 30, 2011

Harold, You Will Understand!


Dear Reader,
Denise has given a gift that is greater than the RAC. She set the "Ride for Harold" cowgirls in motion. I believe that the love and the courage of this gift from Denise is bigger than the RAC. I have a feeling that God smiled when Denise set this idea in motion.
And Harold, it was YOU who gave me the courage to just be to dang "pig headed" to give up. So what can I say, Harold? Just this, "Red necks and old, as dirt, old timers just never give up!
I have been able to start riding Lyle again. And here is the good news, Lyle is starting to dimly understand that I am giving him a good feel. Yes, he still wants to curl into the "rolker ugly." But when he does this he easily allows me to bring him into a normal and relaxed frame. Lyle is putting his anger aside and starting to grasp that I am offering him a way into a good riding life. I still have to ride Lyle using Mr. Philippe Karl's reining methods and I still have to ride him standing in the stirrups so that there is no weight in the saddle. But he is starting to understand the feel that I am offering him. But, even so, there is hope for both Lyle and I.
In Hope for the New Year and In Thankfulness for the Old Year,
Penny Johnson
Bonners Ferry Idaho

5 comments:

  1. Dagnabit Penny I'm proud of you, so is Rainee and Jed and we all wish you a very Happy New Year, Thanks Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice note, Penny! But I can not take the credit. It was Susan Lejonhud that spurred the idea and I just helped spread the word. Susan is far to humble and modest to take any credit. Susan has brought such HEART to the RAC. It would not have been so purposeful without her. I will be forever grateful for her support and friendship in the RAC. Thank you for sharing your story with us Penny of you and Lyle. I wish you all the best in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Harold and Denise,
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, you are too kind. I enjoyed every minute of it. May God send his healing touch to you Penny in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Thank you. If God can heal Lyle, and that is what He is doing, He can most certainly heal me.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete