I found the sweet spot!!!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
HO HO Horsey Hockey for Harold eh?!
Just for you Harold!! I did have red and gold decorations but scrapped that idea and just went with the hockey only theme. Pretty good eh?!
I found the sweet spot!!!
Linus did so well with this we may just have to learn how to play polo!
I hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas!! We definitely did. It started snowing Christmas Eve and continued all through Christmas Day. I did have plans to get a few more decor pics in for the contest, but it just didn’t happen. But, that’s ok!! I still put together a special, extra Canadian shoot just for Harold!! I did have my hockey pants along with my Harold but riding in them is pretty risky so good ol jeans and barn boots had to make do!! My older brother came outside, visiting from Woodstock, ON and I think he thought I was crazy being dressed to play hockey but riding my horse!! Well Harold....It was the most Canadian idea I could come up with. Shaun even suggested using a Minnesota Wild jersey for the pic because the majority of the team is Canadian anyway....but I'm a Sens fan and that was just not going to happen!! Even more fitting for our special picture was that Canada beat Finland in the World Juniors this afternoon too!!! I think because of our hockey spirit down on the farm!!
On Christmas Day, I hitched Linus to the cart and took my nephew for a ride. I have been working a lot on ground driving since the November challenge ended and that was our first time in over 2 months being hitched. Linus was a bit full of himself but I have to give him credit for respecting his whoas and clucks to go so well. I'm glad I'm the only one so far to drive him. If you try to slap the reins on him to get him to go I think you would probably end up either bruised or disappointed!! But if you “cluck, cluck” off we go at a nice pace. Linus is very much a Ask me and I will do anything...Tell me and I will do nothing kind of horse. Some people would have an issue with that but I like it. I like being partners with my horse rather than his boss. I do still have the final say and ultimately we both know that. Whatever you want to call it, it works beautifully for us. Lynn commented on how in love we are on Christmas Eve! So true! Which I am sure that as his breeder, was nice to see!
Before the cart ride on Christmas Day, we took the horses for a walk. I tied a big red bow with bells in Linus’ tail. Allie didn’t really notice it until we got a bit ahead of her and then she stopped in her tracks and looked at Linus like he had a second head growing off of him!! She could not figure that thing out and would not pass him as long as It was there! As for Linus, he did not care. I had 2 whole bags of decorations that we did not get to use, but there is always next year!!!
I love all the creativity of everyone who put pics in for the contest. I pity the voters!!! What a hard choice!!!
Harold...I hope you like the pics! They took over an hour to upload eh!
Donna & Linus
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- Ride with me in California
- Calm before the Storm - ride in Michigan
- Ride With Me Denise, in Hebron, Maine
- Ride with Me in the UP of Michigan-Happy New Year'...
- Thank you Denise and Happy New Year to everybody!
- Thank you Denise !!!
- REMINDER! Ride with Me Cyber Ride TODAY!
- Thank you Denise and Happy New Year RAC-ers
- final post of 2011
- A Journey of Adventures
- All the Best in the New Year
- A Great Year
- Thank YOU Denise
- Harold, You Will Understand!
- Toasting Denise !
- You are an inspiration, Denise!
- The "Delinquent Blogger" won't be deliquent anymor...
- Thans Denise !
- Thank You Denise!
- Thank you! :)
- THANK YOU DENISE!!!
- Denise, Thank You!
- Ride With Me...for Denise
- Thanks Eh!
- Thanks to you Denise for a great ride
- Chester and Angie send big hugs and thank yous too...
- Thank you, Denise
- HO HO Horsey Hockey for Harold eh?!
- belated Christmas Greetings
- Merry Christmas from Fee & Ashley!
- Merry Curly Christmas Two!
- Merry Curly Christmas!
- Merry Christmas Eve!!
- Santa Came Early
- The best Curly wishes for Christmas and 2012!
- Whishing everyone a Curly Christmas!
- Wishing You The Spirit of Christmas
- The Night before - Chapter 5 of Holiday Dressing
- Santa's Biggest Reindeer
- Sweet as Candy is my Marley
- Jett our Golden Drummer Boy at Golden Curls Ranch
- Christmas Curly parade
- Steep Hills
- Merry Christmas from Conroy's Curly Horses!
- Merry HO HO Christmas
- Santa Claus has come to town!!
- My Christmas card(s) for you!
- Ho, ho, ho! Santa's Coming!
- Emergency -- Chapter 4 of Holiday Dressing
- Driving at home
- "Driving Miss Legsy"
- Diane Robertson and Blossom
- Trail Trails with Sexy Tex
- Learning from Jett, Diane and Tawnya
- O, tannenbaum! Chapter 3 Dressing for the Holiday...
- A New Look
- Festive Outfits - chapter 2
- Curly Boy working
- I will be brief and wish happy birthdays to Bernic...
- My Christmas Present
- Dec. Ride in leather
- Tuck's Frist Trail Ride at the Ranch.
- Holiday Dressing
- Bonding time with Suri and Voelie
- November Team Challenge Winners!!
- Big Improvement!!
- Froze Toes
- December 7 - amazing views and scenery
- DERR!! Day late, dollar short, the Delinquent Blog...
- Finally a picture of ME and my Curly
- Beauty Day!
- "Ride with Me" - Michigan wetlands
- Too Wonderful for Words
- Back in the saddle
- Riding in a new place with Suri
- Back on the Trails on a Saturday!
- Saddle Up for a Sunday Ride!!
- Christmas decor
- Christmas Curly Decorating Contest!
- Thank you for the November rides
- Never Rein Back!
- December Challenge!
- *Charm and her daddy
- Late night ride with Harold and Chester and the Cu...
- A Miracle
- Chester, Harold and I ride while the kids do play....
- Going Out with a Bang, Not a Whimper
- ▼ December (89)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)