Thursday, December 1, 2011
Going Out with a Bang, Not a Whimper
Angie and I both decided that we would throw caution to the winds and go out with a bang on this RAC November Team Challenge, so we did a Team Ride with Me last night in the dark. It was beautiful in Maine last night! Sure was dark...Angie told me she was taking video for me as we spoke, well, I can't wait to get a load of THAT! The video I took doesn't have much visual detail, that's for sure.We took Harold along for the ride. I must say...I have ridden more in the dark and/or in the rain for this challenge than I could have foreseen, and it really is kind of interesting! By the time I get out of work during the week this time of year, it is basically pitch black, so I had to use that to my advantage in order to keep up with my TX partner. Another thing I have made good use of during November is my nice wide barn aisle.Along with our usual backing and give-to-pressure exercises, this month we used the aisle for practicing neck reining, pivots and side passing. We got stuck on the side passing earlier when I was setting Ah-D's face next a retaining wall. Seems the green grass growing mouth-high on the other side of the retaining wall was too tempting, and I was ready to give up on teaching Ah-D this skill. But I discovered the barn aisle worked great for the lessons, especially since there aren't any of the distractions that are present outside during the day. I also used the aisle corners to practice pivots.
Denise, having the challenge during November definitely inticed me to spend my horse time more wisely and to spend much less time bemoaning the fact that it was hunting season. And also, thanks to Harold, my Maine Gaines partner Angie, and our competing teams for adding so much fun through all of our Cowgirl Tryouts. I come away from this "competition" rich with Curly friends and as a better partner to my very special Curly partner Didder.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- Ride with me in California
- Calm before the Storm - ride in Michigan
- Ride With Me Denise, in Hebron, Maine
- Ride with Me in the UP of Michigan-Happy New Year'...
- Thank you Denise and Happy New Year to everybody!
- Thank you Denise !!!
- REMINDER! Ride with Me Cyber Ride TODAY!
- Thank you Denise and Happy New Year RAC-ers
- final post of 2011
- A Journey of Adventures
- All the Best in the New Year
- A Great Year
- Thank YOU Denise
- Harold, You Will Understand!
- Toasting Denise !
- You are an inspiration, Denise!
- The "Delinquent Blogger" won't be deliquent anymor...
- Thans Denise !
- Thank You Denise!
- Thank you! :)
- THANK YOU DENISE!!!
- Denise, Thank You!
- Ride With Me...for Denise
- Thanks Eh!
- Thanks to you Denise for a great ride
- Chester and Angie send big hugs and thank yous too...
- Thank you, Denise
- HO HO Horsey Hockey for Harold eh?!
- belated Christmas Greetings
- Merry Christmas from Fee & Ashley!
- Merry Curly Christmas Two!
- Merry Curly Christmas!
- Merry Christmas Eve!!
- Santa Came Early
- The best Curly wishes for Christmas and 2012!
- Whishing everyone a Curly Christmas!
- Wishing You The Spirit of Christmas
- The Night before - Chapter 5 of Holiday Dressing
- Santa's Biggest Reindeer
- Sweet as Candy is my Marley
- Jett our Golden Drummer Boy at Golden Curls Ranch
- Christmas Curly parade
- Steep Hills
- Merry Christmas from Conroy's Curly Horses!
- Merry HO HO Christmas
- Santa Claus has come to town!!
- My Christmas card(s) for you!
- Ho, ho, ho! Santa's Coming!
- Emergency -- Chapter 4 of Holiday Dressing
- Driving at home
- "Driving Miss Legsy"
- Diane Robertson and Blossom
- Trail Trails with Sexy Tex
- Learning from Jett, Diane and Tawnya
- O, tannenbaum! Chapter 3 Dressing for the Holiday...
- A New Look
- Festive Outfits - chapter 2
- Curly Boy working
- I will be brief and wish happy birthdays to Bernic...
- My Christmas Present
- Dec. Ride in leather
- Tuck's Frist Trail Ride at the Ranch.
- Holiday Dressing
- Bonding time with Suri and Voelie
- November Team Challenge Winners!!
- Big Improvement!!
- Froze Toes
- December 7 - amazing views and scenery
- DERR!! Day late, dollar short, the Delinquent Blog...
- Finally a picture of ME and my Curly
- Beauty Day!
- "Ride with Me" - Michigan wetlands
- Too Wonderful for Words
- Back in the saddle
- Riding in a new place with Suri
- Back on the Trails on a Saturday!
- Saddle Up for a Sunday Ride!!
- Christmas decor
- Christmas Curly Decorating Contest!
- Thank you for the November rides
- Never Rein Back!
- December Challenge!
- *Charm and her daddy
- Late night ride with Harold and Chester and the Cu...
- A Miracle
- Chester, Harold and I ride while the kids do play....
- Going Out with a Bang, Not a Whimper
- ▼ December (89)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)