Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 7 - amazing views and scenery

It is cold and wintery out there, but really, the views and the scenery yesterday were almost enough to take your breath away.  I ride this area pretty much on a daily basis and while it is always beautiful sometimes it is just extra special and yesterday was one of those days.

Anastasia is done with school for this semester (well still has exams) so she was home for a few days and we took full advantage, riding out several times.  Anastasia is now riding my mare *Shesa Magic Charm, when we ride as *Bijou is getting quite pregnant looking and while we could still ride her, we have other choices so she can have some time off for maternity now :)

So Anastasia brought the camera and I was so glad that she did - the pictures speak for themselves I think!










This last photo is Anastasia on *Charm and our friend on our beloved Curly gelding *Cuervo, ponying her range born coming three year old - just bringing him along for experience - he was a very good boy too.
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

4 comments:

  1. Well Shelly, looks like you are telling the truth about the beauty of the country for sure. I just want to know where is the snow, I don't have any down here in Minnesota either.
    Fine looking horses wonderful countyside, consider yourself blessed and stay warm.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are amazing! I love one in the middle with the misty mountains and the clouds. You make me want to head out to the barn and saddle up! (cept it's dark outside)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly,
    Your pictures are lovely. The mare you are riding has a very sweet face. The light through the clouds is beautiful, the way that the moisture in the air spreads the light is enough to capture the human heart. And I bet that the pictures do not even begin to show how beautiful it was.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pictures! Reminds me of when I lived in the UK! What a beautiful place to ride and live!

    ReplyDelete