Friday, December 16, 2011

Emergency -- Chapter 4 of Holiday Dressing


ENTRY #5

We heard because of the lack of snow...  there is a universal call for alternative Christmas delivery.  For all those areas without the fluffy white stuff.. Santa is holding auditions for wheeled vehicles to carry gifts :)

Here is my special Fiona - hoping to help out Rudolph !




Try outs with Santa are not a thing to be sneezed at-- we need to be on our toes -- or hooves....

Outfits and carts need to be top notch !!


 Here is our first rehearsal for the big day ~





A few quiet words to calm Fee's  stage fright.










I think she's going to be fine...












Auditions entail so much more than good acting and knowing your job...  everyone needs to be properly attired.. even the helpful elves.  I am so busy holiday dressing carts and horse and my elves... I barely have time for my own Christmas apparel.






Since it's been so long since Miss Fiona has been hitched (over a year I think ) - we did some "ground driving" before the real thing...  certainly we do not want this drill to go badly and receive bad reviews for a poor performance.







Already - I see the nose is an issue.



If beauty was the only thing being judged... we'd be home free :)






here we see a nose










here we don't

what an imp....









ok -   it's now or never...







time to hitch and see if we are qualified to deliver gifts.  ready for a run-through.













I know the helper elf should perhaps be smaller than Santa..but I like wearing the boss suit better.











Don't Fee and me and Zoe make a good team ?








you can notice, I'm sure, we have loads of wind today and still Fiona is holding up well with the stress of her 'recital'  and the new costume..... if Fiona can manage to keep it all on !

Here we go -- down the road for a little dry run -- just to test out the whole delivery thing



We still might get some snow ---  and then, of course, we'll be rehearsing with the customary red sleigh... so that just may be another chapter. Tonight, I'm dreaming of my horse the tree morphing into a huge present :)  hmmmnnn... I wonder ......

Betsy and Zoe and OYY Fiona  - preparing for a green/brown Christmas in Vermont

8 comments:

  1. What a riot!!! Please no more until I get Linus dressed tomorrow!! I was so worried you'd have thought of my idea already!! You are awesome and I can't wait to visit you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy what a fine job again. You have me speechless, many have tried but you have done it. MERRY CHRISTMAS You are a winner.
    Harold
    I can hardly wait until tomorrow to see what Donna has done.
    EH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this might just be my favorite!! My gosh, beautiful horse, fancy costumes and a story line with such charm and whit!! You had me chuckling most of the way through...you two are amazing..I mean you THREE. =] Can't forget Fiona!! Who was doing the videoing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know what? I didn't think you could out-do yourselves, but you just took the cake. You had me on the edge of my seat from the first glance at the title. Thank you so much for this absolutely DARLING post - I love it - it may be my favorite post of the whole year. Your outfits are amazing and your Curly Fiona is so cute and obliging that it is beyond words. Hasn't been driven in a whole year, yet you can hitch her up to pull the cart to be Santa's helper. You and Zoe and your Curlies are amazing. How wonderful! And Zoe, you are the most beautiful elf I have ever seen! _Susan in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely! Wonderful story line. And I, like Donna, have been hoping you didn't come up with what I want to do with Rocky today! Now I'm hoping Donna doesn't do what I've come up with! Your horses and their training is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you guys are planning !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hays another great story and dress up party love it, hope to do ours tomorrow have a full house now and a wedding.
    Marion, Ky

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are just amazing! Fiona is/ was amazing! Santa would do well to accept any of the horses from Top of the Hill!! The stuff that you do with your guys is simply wonderful!

    I love Zoe's Elf hat/ears... And that you like wearing "the boss" outfit!!
    Where-ever do you come up with all the stuff for all these themes??
    It doesn't matter that there isn't any snow!! There's none here in Maine, either! Laurie

    ReplyDelete