Sunday, December 4, 2011

Too Wonderful for Words

Susan and Didder in Maine. While Harold was in the saddle with his trusty dog afoot, I was in the saddle with my neighbor Megan along and my trusty dogs afoot everywhere. Megan is "going to be 10 in May" and is horse crazy. She's got the nerve and desire to be an excellent horsewoman. Other than getting a few pony rides and riding double with me once on Didder (Yep, he loves kids!), she has no experience, but look at her, she took to it like a duck to water. At first, I was on the ground, and Didder had to wait in the barn while I gave my XL thighs a good workout walking and jogging Jason's Loop beside her and Ally, but Megan was a natural so we headed back to the barn and then went on a real trail ride. Every time I asked if she wanted to trot, she was game, and she learned to "whoa" Al and made him stand there when she needed to adjust her stirrups or reins. She had no qualms about being the leader and convincing Al to do what she wanted. She even prevented him from snatching grass! I had a lot of fun talking horses and seat and hands, and Didder was just exceptional which allowed me to relax and enjoy. We didn't want to quit! We even rode through the stream. We posed for pictures. My wonderful boy was so good; he knows when I am setting the timer on the camera and never moves more than a foot or two. I hope you all had as much fun on your cyber Ride with Me (and Donna and Dana and Harold and ?) as I did. With Megan, I was able to relive the absolute THRILL of hugging, patting, brushing, feeding, leading and even riding a REAL, LIVE HORSE. Isn't it just too wonderful for words?

7 comments:

  1. I had a great time Susan, tried calling you when I was in the saddle but no answer dagnabit. looks like you have a good riding pardner, that is great. I was waiting for a comment from you on my bright red blanket.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I know that you were happy. But Megan was even happier. I think you have a new riding partner. And she sure looks like a good partner. I also think that she is another Ah-D fan. So you have a secret Ah-D fan club close to home all wrapped up in one little girl.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....this IS too wonderful for words!!! Look at Megan's position! She looks like she has been riding for YEARS. And she looks adorable on that pony! Dang, wish I had thought to ask someone to ride with me yesterday now. Shoot...oh well...next time. You all look smashing!! And stop with the XL thighs...that sales person was a turkey!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give us a bikini shot and we will judge on the thighs, okay??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harold, its too cold. Go pick on Donna now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Susan you totally made her day!! Her and Al look so happy together!!
    Never you mind sicking Harold on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't picking on you I was tryint to help you!!! What are friends for?? Just remember no matter how much grass you grow on the roof a nickel is still only worth five cents!!!!!

    ReplyDelete