Wednesday, November 18, 2009
A Beautiful morning with Blossom
I woke up this morning humming my grandmother's favorite song..."oh, what a beautiful morning...oh, what a beautiful day." So after Nevada Blossom finished breakfast I attached the lunge line to her halter and asked her to join in beautiful, crisp, autumn morning walk.
We walked together in the leaves which made a nice crunch sound under our feet and we both watched to see each others reaction. Then I loosen the lunge line and let it down so that she had more room and slowly wound it up again. When I reached a few feet from her I would rub her face, ears and neck. Within a a couple of moments she began to lift her head and look at me as if to ask; "where are the rubs"?
We walked around the big, old oak tree with the American flag flapping in the gentle breeze and she was aware but not overly concerned. She didn't even mind when the silly Llama teenagers, who were "horse-playing" (ha no pun intended), ran past trying to catch each other. After a few steps, I again wound the line up and rubbed her ears, muzzle and neck.
After loosening the line I would walk around her left side and right side. Then I lifted the line and let it gently rub across her back. She was more concerned with the green blades of grass popping up through the leaves. After a few steps I again wound the line up and rubbed her sweet eyes and face. My hope is that she enjoys the experience.....I sure did!
Angie and a beautiful Blossom
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- Blossom - A partner for life
- The Right Equipment
- The Ol' Switcheroo
- An autumn trail ride with Chester
- OYY HummingBird and first time under saddle
- Ground Work and Ring work
- Woman's Best Friend...
- New Territory Explored
- Riding Curlies with my son, Andrew
- Less is More with a Hackamore
- Horse Shadows
- My favorite things..riding and showing off Curly h...
- Our new little Queen of the Hill
- As I have mentioned before, we are not so fortuna...
- Sunday Again - Yay!
- Advice for a cold horse?
- Young Boys Learning
- Learning to gracefully, ground mount :)
- Shoulders Out, Shoulders In and Side passes
- Sharing Lunch with My Boy
- Double mom and daughter
- A Beautiful morning with Blossom
- A Real Change
- A Small Window of Time
- Brigi and I have been on many adventures lately....
- Sunny Monday
- A real ranching day at Golden Curls Ranch
- It's all in the family
- Out Jumping Trees
- Chester and Angie take a different kind of walk
- New Driving Prospect
- Silly, Spunky, Spirited Curlies of the Day!! :-)
- Kids leave the nest and Moms go back to work
- Lakota like Horse Trailering 101
- Sunday Ride
- A Potentially Great Ride Interrupted
- *Buck at Tippecanoe State Park
- My Dear Meets Deer
- Sage's riding lesson (and a trail ride)
- My big farm rule is : When you go out your doo...
- Weaning Foal Fun
- WooHoo...back at it!
- More lessons cancelled and more driving
- Close to Home
- Early Morning Snow Ride
- Good teachers
- Driving Miss Nimue
- Summer Time Highlight
- Trail Riding at Golden Curls Ranch
- Camping with Pyewacket
- A Pony of many names and talents :)
- Lateral Flexing and barrel racing in Texas
- Our Summer riding camps.
- Scenic Vistas
- A nice warm fall day.
- Lesson Time
- wow usually I'm the one wishing I could be riding ...
- Gone but not forgotten!
- ....I saw the fear in her beautiful, brown eyes.
- Fresh Trail !
- Nap Time
- Flashback to Acadia
- Video - Nevada's Blossom
- Ghouls, Saints and changing clocks
- Lakota to Lydiker...
- Nevada's Blossom
- ▼ November (68)