Sunday, November 29, 2009
OYY HummingBird and first time under saddle
In a previous post, I showed our progress with OYY HummingBird in harness -- ground driving and dragging and evener. That work is being continued.. but simultaneously -- she also experienced her "backing day" .. without a hitch - so to speak.
First - we did some bareback work -- getting her used to weight on her back .. lots of movement around her sides with human body parts -- sliding off her rump, etc. At 12.1 hands-- not too tricky to lean on their backs. Or to slide off the rump
She's figuring it out - weight and balance and moving forward.
Saddle up and check in - just to be sure rider and ridee are on the same page :) Seems this is not going to be much of a bother for HummingBird.
That was almost too easy ! Good Girl ~
I think this is one of the (many) reasons I love ponies so much .. smart, short, making training time so much more fun. Of course - it is all good breeding too.. after several generations of trainable horses - it's even easier.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- Blossom - A partner for life
- The Right Equipment
- The Ol' Switcheroo
- An autumn trail ride with Chester
- OYY HummingBird and first time under saddle
- Ground Work and Ring work
- Woman's Best Friend...
- New Territory Explored
- Riding Curlies with my son, Andrew
- Less is More with a Hackamore
- Horse Shadows
- My favorite things..riding and showing off Curly h...
- Our new little Queen of the Hill
- As I have mentioned before, we are not so fortuna...
- Sunday Again - Yay!
- Advice for a cold horse?
- Young Boys Learning
- Learning to gracefully, ground mount :)
- Shoulders Out, Shoulders In and Side passes
- Sharing Lunch with My Boy
- Double mom and daughter
- A Beautiful morning with Blossom
- A Real Change
- A Small Window of Time
- Brigi and I have been on many adventures lately....
- Sunny Monday
- A real ranching day at Golden Curls Ranch
- It's all in the family
- Out Jumping Trees
- Chester and Angie take a different kind of walk
- New Driving Prospect
- Silly, Spunky, Spirited Curlies of the Day!! :-)
- Kids leave the nest and Moms go back to work
- Lakota like Horse Trailering 101
- Sunday Ride
- A Potentially Great Ride Interrupted
- *Buck at Tippecanoe State Park
- My Dear Meets Deer
- Sage's riding lesson (and a trail ride)
- My big farm rule is : When you go out your doo...
- Weaning Foal Fun
- WooHoo...back at it!
- More lessons cancelled and more driving
- Close to Home
- Early Morning Snow Ride
- Good teachers
- Driving Miss Nimue
- Summer Time Highlight
- Trail Riding at Golden Curls Ranch
- Camping with Pyewacket
- A Pony of many names and talents :)
- Lateral Flexing and barrel racing in Texas
- Our Summer riding camps.
- Scenic Vistas
- A nice warm fall day.
- Lesson Time
- wow usually I'm the one wishing I could be riding ...
- Gone but not forgotten!
- ....I saw the fear in her beautiful, brown eyes.
- Fresh Trail !
- Nap Time
- Flashback to Acadia
- Video - Nevada's Blossom
- Ghouls, Saints and changing clocks
- Lakota to Lydiker...
- Nevada's Blossom
- ▼ November (68)