Monday, November 2, 2009

Ghouls, Saints and changing clocks

What a super idea for a mini-contest Denise !! Now, we'll all have a chance to hear from all those other RAC'ers who , for one reason or another- have not been keeping up with their posting.



I'll start off my November blogging with a photo of me and my lovely mare about whom I am always writing -- Zoe took the photo, but I had to hold her ears up, since she was giving the camera the stank face.





We had a cloudy beginning to November- All Saint's Day- but a great ride. Zoe took Reverie (Zoe's Day Dream). I mentioned on a previous post- either here or on my farm blog- that we have tried to offer up a different route each time Rev goes out... just to keep her on her toes. Also on the list-- highway exposure. She is more than ready.

We have to trot by the neighborhood Ghoul-- out each year for his haunting time. Down past the 4 Corners and toward French Meadow Road.







Along this back road - things are definitely looking like November- brown weedy pastures and no leaves on the trees.








This road is one of my favorites because of the brook that runs beside it. It's always shady and cold here though - no matter how hot of a summer day.





We trotted down to French Meadow Road- and decided to get up on the trail there. This is the trail where I found that logging chain- we took a wrong turn that day- but this day I think we know the way. In the woods are Beech groves that I like so much.







The dirt roads seemed dreary, but it's still bright in the woods. Trotting along in here, we spotted a few turns and alternate routes- we are planning to return for more exploring. Today there is no time.




Keri stops to paw and splash.








Just as we suspected- Reverie has no problems with the highway once we reach it.




We had a great time out. Keri and Reverie are making a nice pair for outings. Can't wait to get back over here for more exploring.
Enjoy ~

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos...I love how beautiful Rev is with the curls and the scenery can't be beat. Reading everyone's post is like watching the Travel Channel; only better with Curly horses and good friends!

    ReplyDelete