Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gone but not forgotten!

Taking the time to sit in front of the computer has not been a priority for me for many a year so I have decided to take up Denise's challenge and start......

On Monday, October 26th, my husband Rick went to the pasture to catch Misty (Prairie Hawk Cypress Mist) a three year old filly who was going to Alaska that day to her new owners. At 6 am it is pitch black here and so he had his flashlight and off he went......well the first horse he came apon was Dove who was lying down. She is bright white so is easy to see in the dark. He eventually found Misty (who is black) and brought her back to the yard for loading......Dove and some of the other horses followed him back to the yard to have a drink and then went back to the pasture. After loading Misty and getting her and her new owner on their way Sevi went out to the pasture to catch Nicker and Mona for riding and Dove was dead! We figure that she just went to sleep as there was no indication of struggle or trama. We decided to bury her where she lay in the pasture and now she spends each day with her buddies. She was a dear sweet soul that will leave a gap in our lives. She was instrumental in giving my confidence back; she was the favorite of all the kids that came to ride and my best friend......so long dear Dove......I will never forget you.

Sheila
Prairie Ponderosa Curly Horses

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Word Sheila! Not the story I was expecting; I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Dove, I can't imagine.
    Hugs and Healing wishes for you and your family's hearts.
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete