Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Our Summer riding camps.
We decided to utilize our horses in a recreational riding thingy this year. With the economy in a bit of a slump it was our solution to train, get our horses out there, and have fun doing it.
A number of kids came and spent time with us and the horses and I had so much fun with all this. My horses seemed to prosper under the constant kid attention and it made my heart sing to see the kids faces with their huge grins.
I decided that I was going to offer getting to know horses and just the basics to see how things went.....and then for the summer we would have more one on one and integrate my love of art as well. It was so good and we have people already asking about next year.
These curlies are natural teachers and seem to know exactly what is needed for each individual child. Could it be that the curlies are more intuitive that other horses? It sure seemed like it and over and over they proved their versatility to me. We are so blessed to have them in our lives!
Here are a few photos of the kids......enjoy.
Posted by Love Those Curls at 1:42 PM
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- Blossom - A partner for life
- The Right Equipment
- The Ol' Switcheroo
- An autumn trail ride with Chester
- OYY HummingBird and first time under saddle
- Ground Work and Ring work
- Woman's Best Friend...
- New Territory Explored
- Riding Curlies with my son, Andrew
- Less is More with a Hackamore
- Horse Shadows
- My favorite things..riding and showing off Curly h...
- Our new little Queen of the Hill
- As I have mentioned before, we are not so fortuna...
- Sunday Again - Yay!
- Advice for a cold horse?
- Young Boys Learning
- Learning to gracefully, ground mount :)
- Shoulders Out, Shoulders In and Side passes
- Sharing Lunch with My Boy
- Double mom and daughter
- A Beautiful morning with Blossom
- A Real Change
- A Small Window of Time
- Brigi and I have been on many adventures lately....
- Sunny Monday
- A real ranching day at Golden Curls Ranch
- It's all in the family
- Out Jumping Trees
- Chester and Angie take a different kind of walk
- New Driving Prospect
- Silly, Spunky, Spirited Curlies of the Day!! :-)
- Kids leave the nest and Moms go back to work
- Lakota like Horse Trailering 101
- Sunday Ride
- A Potentially Great Ride Interrupted
- *Buck at Tippecanoe State Park
- My Dear Meets Deer
- Sage's riding lesson (and a trail ride)
- My big farm rule is : When you go out your doo...
- Weaning Foal Fun
- WooHoo...back at it!
- More lessons cancelled and more driving
- Close to Home
- Early Morning Snow Ride
- Good teachers
- Driving Miss Nimue
- Summer Time Highlight
- Trail Riding at Golden Curls Ranch
- Camping with Pyewacket
- A Pony of many names and talents :)
- Lateral Flexing and barrel racing in Texas
- Our Summer riding camps.
- Scenic Vistas
- A nice warm fall day.
- Lesson Time
- wow usually I'm the one wishing I could be riding ...
- Gone but not forgotten!
- ....I saw the fear in her beautiful, brown eyes.
- Fresh Trail !
- Nap Time
- Flashback to Acadia
- Video - Nevada's Blossom
- Ghouls, Saints and changing clocks
- Lakota to Lydiker...
- Nevada's Blossom
- ▼ November (68)