Monday, November 9, 2009
My Dear Meets Deer
Our very first evening ride of our Acadia vacation, we met two does right on the carriage roads. What incredibly beautiful animals! Apparently these deer were very familiar with these odd-looking four legged, two headed creatures that talk a lot and make plenty of "oooh-ahhh noises.” They were alert but not frightened. And the great news was, so was my handsome lad AhD. It was fantastic for him to be able to see deer walking gently in his path, instead of leaping wildly out of nowhere and bounding off. He got a good look and a good sniff. And the training aspect wasn’t even the best part. This was such an awesome experience, for all of us involved. Talk about communing with nature! I thought, “OK, ALREADY my six hour trailer ride was sooo worth it.” A truly unforgettable experience that left me totally at peace within myself.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- Blossom - A partner for life
- The Right Equipment
- The Ol' Switcheroo
- An autumn trail ride with Chester
- OYY HummingBird and first time under saddle
- Ground Work and Ring work
- Woman's Best Friend...
- New Territory Explored
- Riding Curlies with my son, Andrew
- Less is More with a Hackamore
- Horse Shadows
- My favorite things..riding and showing off Curly h...
- Our new little Queen of the Hill
- As I have mentioned before, we are not so fortuna...
- Sunday Again - Yay!
- Advice for a cold horse?
- Young Boys Learning
- Learning to gracefully, ground mount :)
- Shoulders Out, Shoulders In and Side passes
- Sharing Lunch with My Boy
- Double mom and daughter
- A Beautiful morning with Blossom
- A Real Change
- A Small Window of Time
- Brigi and I have been on many adventures lately....
- Sunny Monday
- A real ranching day at Golden Curls Ranch
- It's all in the family
- Out Jumping Trees
- Chester and Angie take a different kind of walk
- New Driving Prospect
- Silly, Spunky, Spirited Curlies of the Day!! :-)
- Kids leave the nest and Moms go back to work
- Lakota like Horse Trailering 101
- Sunday Ride
- A Potentially Great Ride Interrupted
- *Buck at Tippecanoe State Park
- My Dear Meets Deer
- Sage's riding lesson (and a trail ride)
- My big farm rule is : When you go out your doo...
- Weaning Foal Fun
- WooHoo...back at it!
- More lessons cancelled and more driving
- Close to Home
- Early Morning Snow Ride
- Good teachers
- Driving Miss Nimue
- Summer Time Highlight
- Trail Riding at Golden Curls Ranch
- Camping with Pyewacket
- A Pony of many names and talents :)
- Lateral Flexing and barrel racing in Texas
- Our Summer riding camps.
- Scenic Vistas
- A nice warm fall day.
- Lesson Time
- wow usually I'm the one wishing I could be riding ...
- Gone but not forgotten!
- ....I saw the fear in her beautiful, brown eyes.
- Fresh Trail !
- Nap Time
- Flashback to Acadia
- Video - Nevada's Blossom
- Ghouls, Saints and changing clocks
- Lakota to Lydiker...
- Nevada's Blossom
- ▼ November (68)