Monday, November 30, 2009

The Ol' Switcheroo

My friend Sue and I pulled the ol’ switcheroo and rode each other’s horses for a ways at Acadia. AhD and Saturn had a very good sense of humor about the whole thing, and Sue is a very confident and experienced rider, so I had no qualms at all about putting her on AhD. We had a ball, and she LOVED my Curly! She thought he was really cute. She felt like her feet were dragging on the ground. I, on the other hand, felt like I was riding an Ent. My mother told me that if I can’t find anything good to say than don’t say anything at all. I was glad to be back on my Curly, who does not have a 14” overreach in his stride. And, Sue is right, he IS cute.And he did not bite the mini once, even though I think he was sorely tempted. He was such a good boy on this trip, and I notice that when I trailer him to ride in other places, even if we are riding solo, he is better behaved. One would think the opposite would be true?? Anyway, that's what I would think, but I have been proven wrong by my personable and quirky riding partner AhD.
Only one month to go in the 2009 RAC. Like Betsy, I am hoping to hear from you all in December! :)

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    Always a pleasure to read of your and AHd's outings, this time was even more so, that mini is too darn cute!! Good for AHd behaving himself with the mini. And good for you for having done so much with him that he was able to be so good. Interesting about him being better when trailered out, I wonder why that would be so, excellent though!
    Lately, I've been finding it really weird riding non-Curlies, mine just don't move that much, are a lot smoother to ride, must have been interesting indeed to be riding a non-Curly, good for you both for giving it a try though!, I think it helps to ride other horses now and again, for me, I tend to get a bit complacent at times with a horse I'm riding over and over again, riding someone else's horse kind of reminds me to stay tuned in at all times.
    I look forward to reading your continued adventures with AHd in December!
    Best,
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete