Thursday, January 21, 2010
The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
We have been very neglectful of posting our horse activities, but will try to improve! Last night, we went on an 2 hour ride to go get our cows, who have been eating at the neighbor's pasture, and trail them home. His place is 2 miles away, and there is a lot of ice from here to there. Dad, Jesse, Carly, and I rode our curlies over. We left about 4:45 and it already was getting dark so we had to trot most of the way. At one point, there were two different groups of horses on each side of the road, and all of our horses wanted to go check the other horses out, but we kept their minds on us. When we got to the cows, a friend and her daughter met us on their horses to help. Heidi's (my horse) and my job was to make sure that the cows didn't go down side roads, so we went and played in snow drifts while we were waiting for the cows. Carly and Breeze pushed the cows from behind (Carly said she would trot Breeze up to the cows, and Breeze would bite them) and brought the stray ones back into the group. Carly talks when she is happy and excited. She talked the whole 2 miles. Unfortunately, it was too dark to get pictures of us actually driving the cows down the road. When we got home we were cold ,but we all had a good time. We're thinking we should just let the cows out from time to time so we could do this again.
Posted by Wyatt from MARS Ranch at 4:05 PM
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)