Friday, January 1, 2010

No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I finally got outside to ride.

I didn't ride for very long, but it was great to be on a horse again! I took Sunny for a bareback ride around the pasture, and we had a great time.
I was planning on riding Koko, but we ended up doing some groundwork instead. He was exploding with energy and spooking on the ground at little things. This wasn't because he was genuinely scared, but because he was in such high spirits. So we did some groundwork, lunging, shoulder ins, softening, yielding, etc. It was really nice, but the best part was riding. I came in freezing cold with a huge grin on my face. :)

I love the photos and stories that have been posted! Keep it up everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Cara --- glad you played it safe with Koko...sounds like you all ended on a great note. Pics next time, maybe? Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara,
    Some days we all need a little ground work:> I look forward to hearing more about your KoKo.
    Best wishes,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete