Sunday, January 24, 2010
Stella's Latest Adventure I
Yesterday my mom, my sister, and I went out for another ride in our pasture! The horses where worn out within 10 minutes of riding. It was such a warm and sunny day, the horses' coats were making them really hot! My mom (Laura), riding Wyoming, figured this one out.
My sister, Josalynn, riding Lady, didn't get any RAC points. So, she ponied Franky, Lady's baby from 2 years ago. He is currently under going training so is getter used to having people above him.
We rode down inside a ditch, crossed a stream, and even I got brave enough to jump my feminine Stella.
At the end of our ride, Josalynn, Mom and I, took turns walking the horses through our tractor tire. I have been working on Stella to get all four of her feet in the tire at once. We finaly got that accomplished yesterday!
Later, after the horses were untacked, Mom and I were playing with Stellas belly, brushing, and stroking her soft, fine, hair. The last time we went in the woods, Stella didn't try to run over the saplings like she usually does. We weren't at all conserned until I went to rub her belly, like she loves, and she jerked back on the rope, and flenched away from my hand. Mom tried also. The same reaction. We started pushing, lightly, on the sides of her belly. We felt something roll around inside her. Getting curious, we moved to different positions around on her belly. The baby, hopefully, was getting very active, and Stella, (the soon to be mom), was confused, and upset. So we stopped torturing my girl, and gave her some Red L, and grain for a Good Night snack.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)