Sunday, January 10, 2010
Spring In Winter
Today we continued with a lot of walking. Really working on trying to get Lyra to relax through her top line, work from my inside leg to outside hand, have nice walking steps pushing through her top line, and working on balance. Lyra has a tendency to tighten up, through her head up in the air, and well, do the upside down neck game, which I'm a particular NON-fan of, so we are working on it. Today she managed quite a few strides with me getting to completely release her inside rein. She also followed my hand down rather well, especially towards the end of the ride. We are both a work in progress, but getting better with practice. I hope we can ride again tomorrow, lots happening though, so we shall see. :-)
Brandon and Dorothy swapped off on the camera (which I think actually worked to make for a not as wonderful as last time ride, since I was a bit tense with getting talked at for angles for light purposes, rather than just focusing on Lyra, good to keep in mind for next time, good to have a couple pics though, will help with my before and after reality checks in a couple of months when I feel discouraged that we've accomplished so little.) All in all, I had a great time with Lyra and am really looking forward to our continued rides. Looking into taking a few lessons myself with a local dressage trainer here, hoping that will help Lyra and I, might even see about getting Lyra over there for a little training herself, will see about that one...
Hope everyone else had a great day!!
PS As you can see in the one pic, we're starting to see green again, it was close to 50 and somewhat sunny intermixed with overcast today, Spring on the way so soon?, Dare I Hope???
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)