Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Well it has finally warmed up above -20 here!! a gorgeous weekend temp holding steady around the -8 mark, yay! I Was hoping for some outside riding but my curly friend Jo decided to clown around so into the arena we went for some good groundwork. He seems to think standing still just cant happen, wiggling around is a must lol, but alas by the end of session he decided standing still was okay... for now! Lots more practicing for him. He did a good job so tied him for a break while i worked with another one of our horses, and of course Jo being the goofy guy he is has figured out how to untie himself from almost every knot and our tie ring! I believe HE thinks this is rather great fun, i don't think so myself lol, now time to ride him a bit, stood for mounting, ground work paid off! did a few rounds around the arena, working on his transitions and yielding to leg, and more bending.
Time for supper so back outside we go, in the meantime, the barn had received a load of hay, well when Jo saw this giant trailer full of food he looked so hopeful that it was all for him! he couldn't take his eyes off of it, he thought that was the greatest sight ever! lol
Day 2 of the weekend proved to be a little colder, windy, so back into the arena. Jo gets tied again, and i think i have managed to find a way for him not to untie himself woohoo! He waited somewhat impatiently while i worked with another horse, then it came his turn, well i guess he thought watching was more fun, so away we went with more groundwork, practicing on standing still, which he still thinks just cant be done, wiggling just has to be!, but was much better today, he is learning, yay, actually he has learned a great amount in the past year and half i have been working with him, i've really enjoyed the intelligence of the breed, todays session went well, hopefully tomorrow we can go for a ride outside! its been a long cold winter.
I am really enjoying all the posts and pics, great job! Soon i will have some more pics and stories to tell about some of the other curlies i am working with, its going to be a great year, keep up the good work everyone!
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)