Saturday, January 23, 2010
More sitting on a horse than riding...
Well doesn't January end up being my business month ever! With the jobs, 2 active kids, a pile of horses and hubby away over seas...doesn't leave much time for any serious riding, lol. So I make up for it but very small increments of riding time...from the barn to the pasture, lol. I've been having my little fun every morning by riding the horses from in the barn, out to the pasture (sometimes I go out to the pasture for a little longer ride but my time is limited). It is a very short trip but even those rides make me crave for more. The days are getting longer and I'm pumped to get things rolling here.
My target date to get down to business and allotting some pure horse riding/playing with horse time is Feb. 13th. Darrick is back from Japan then...things will slow down with hockey as well. (I'd much rather be in a riding arena than a hockey arena, lol). In the meanwhile, I will just enjoy my little rides and the time I do get to spend with the horses. I'm sure the horses will enjoy some more time spent with than as well, rather than a few measley scratches & kisses.
Attached is a quick picture I took when I rode Whisper out the other day. Can't take a picture of me...no helmet...wearing ugly snowsuit...runny nose...lol. This is where I add that Whisper is for sale and can be seen on my website, lol. She would be easy to log the miles on...but my focus is going to be Takai this year.
Well, off for my tiny morning rides, have to go do horses now...
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)