Monday, January 11, 2010
New Year's Day from Dian Williams
Chilly here in Indiana, with windchill below zero. But I wanted to start the new year off right, so I grabbed Buck's new harness with intent to ground drive and then hitch to cart. Buck met me in pasture, ready to work (or maybe he was hopeful for a treat). First we tried on the hobbles I bought last month. His expression was priceless. Lots of burrs so we took quite a while to get to harness time. He tried a few experimental steps with hobbles, but obviously preferred standing still.
Finally grabbed harness, guess what, harness is too big. Will have to do some hole-punching and try again on a warmer day. Best wishes to all the RACers for 2010!
~Sent in by Dian Williams, Winding Winds Curly Horses
P.S. Dian mailed her post to me because she only has internet on her cell so she is very limited in what she can post. She is reading all the posts, just might not be able to respond.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- I DID IT!!!!!
- Twice Out on Crutches
- first time in a while riding
- Freezin on Hockey Day in Canada
- The Windchill Continues
- New Hope
- One of those days
- Saturday Shannon and I went to work in an indoor ...
- He DOES listen!!
- New Years day my daughter Shannon and I went for ...
- This is Ringo and I at the beach when we first go...
- Lakota's Busy Day
- Little bits and pieces
- Stella's Latest Adventure I
- Getting Ready for Donna's Trail Ride
- New Hampshire Ride
- Beautiful Winter Ride
- Blue Skies, Shining at Me :)
- Short But Sweet
- More sitting on a horse than riding...
- Progress with Lacey!
- Winter Riding - snow, ice and more snow
- Horse Doula Needed :-Z
- A long awaited new begining....
- Quick update (Dolly & Diamond)
- The Tiny Great American Cattle Drive
- Working on improving our Ground Work Skills
- Lemonaid For Life
- No riding yet here but did get some horse time!
- Beautiful Winter Evening Ride 1/19/10
- On crutches, but planning for the year
- Paying Attention
- Baby steps
- Riding with Snowmobiles
- The Little Things in a Life....
- Well to get started ...
- Playing with Rose
- Another beautiful day.
- Hi All, Another great ride today. Not as nice as...
- All stretched out!
- First Ride for 2010!
- Nice day for a ride??
- Congratulations 2009 RAC Champions!
- Glorious Winter Day!
- Great Ride!
- 40 degrees today
- Riding in the dark (almost)
- I can imagine that you're getting a little tired o...
- still winter, still cold and still riding :)
- Another almost sunny day...
- 2010 Dolly & Diamond
- Playing around
- just a test
- ready to ride!
- Weekend Antics
- New Year's Day from Dian Williams
- Cold here also - but Sun Again !!
- Spring In Winter
- Back In the Swing of Things
- First riding lesson in deep snow
- Sun and snow again
- Snowflakes and curlies
- Yielding and Bending
- little black things??
- A Great Day to get Started!
- Tuesday's Mood Lifter
- First time blogging...ever!
- New England Weather
- Hi All, I am new to RAC, but looking forward to it...
- Sleigh Bells and Winter Fun
- Maine Winter Wonderland Ride
- Happy New Year's from VT!
- New Years Day first ride on my new stud
- New Year's Day ride 2010 !
- New Year's Day ride
- No pictures from today- sorry- it was dusk when I ...
- New Years Ride with Me
- What a Way to Start out the New Year!
- Today I made my commitment to RAC 2010 start off ...
- Happy New Year from Texas
- New Year's Day, Ride w/ Me - COLD!
- ▼ January (81)
- ► 2009 (333)