Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grooming

This morning before qwork I went by the horse to see if everything was calm. Luckily they had a good night and everything was calm. In the afternoon I took some extra time to spend with the horses. I first took Suri out o the field first to give her a good grooming. She was sweating so much yesterday and was really warm. Today lots and lots of fur came out, it looked as if half a horse was on the ground so much hair! She loved it but when i was talking to the owner she got a bit impatient and was pawing so I corrected that. She was very calm standing tied and seemed at ease. The owner of the field seemed a bit worried yesterday because she is so big, he was worried if she would behave, he was maybe a bit intimidated. He is an elderly man 80 + years old and is not so fast anymore when he walks through the field. Today he told me how nice and calm Suri was and how sweet she was and that she came up to him to be petted! I thought that was great, he now also likes her and is not worried anymore.
After grooming I walked around the grounds a bit with Suri and had her stop and walk and back up for me.
After Suri's turn came Voelie's turn to be groomed. She is also shedding heavily now and also enjoyed being groomed. With her I also walked around the grounds a bit and tehn she also got to go back in the field.
When I was mucking out Suri kept really close. She was really following me and loved the attention and the scratches.
Many of the othe horse owners (the horses in the next field) have allready commented on how nice and how curly Suri is.

No comments:

Post a Comment