Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Spring!


Well we got poured on today but the show must go on.. Natalie rode Theo today and jumped 2'6". He only dropped 1 pole but it was rider error. I am so proud of how well he is doing at this jumping stuff.

I am being brave and uploading the video of me at the clinic. Have I mentioned I'm not a jumper? Its addicting though so I'm going to taking lessons and hopefully getting a jumping saddle.

Speaking of saddles.... I finally got a saddle for Abby! I've been riding her bareback this whole time. I got a Bob Marshall endurance saddle off ebay so I had to go out for a ride yesterday. I was going to wait for a friend but as I started out Abby seemed a bit barn sour. I decided I had to do this one alone. She called and called but was never misbehaving. We ended up on a nice long ride over to the neighbors (they board too). I chatted by their barn with an old friend and other then a few calls and some backing Abby pretty much stood there relaxed.
It was overall a pretty good ride for her first real trail ride by herself.


Abby rocks the purple!
Theo and I jumping... the first high jump is our first time jumping that high!!! I lost my stirrup!

3 comments:

  1. You are right she does look really nice in purple. How do you like that Bob Marshall saddle? I am in the market of finding a comfy trail saddle as well and trying to decide on what to get. Jumping looks like tons of fun, but for me as well it is just for fun and don't really know what I am doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the purple thing, he looks so cute. Its not quite obvious that he can jump high cause he looks so special. Spring is one of the best season ever to think that most people were so excited to walk outside without snow on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the saddle so far. I've rode in the trail saddle and endurance and I prefer the endurance style because it puts my legs underneath me more. The trail one puts them out in front just a tad.

    ReplyDelete