Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I love birthday rides...


I've decided we need to start a new RAC tradition! Everytime an RACer has a birthday, we all get out and ride on that day to celebrate their special day! So email me with your birth date and we'll start this party plan!

Today, I know I would have put off riding if it wasn't for Janeen's Birthday. Several of her friends organized a trail ride and surprise pot luck and cake afterwards to celebrate her special day. Unfortunately, she might not blog about it because Tygs, her curly is not yet trail worthy. Anyway -- hope you had fun Janeen!

I had to work, so I couldn't cut out for the afternoon. Janeen's place is about 45 min. from me so a bit too far on a work day. So I decided to cut out after work and ride with everyone in spirit. It was actually Janeen's idea! A good one too!

It was a short trip to the lake, but it was heavenly. 40 deg. Still icy spots on the trail, and not much room to trot except along the beach, but we still had a great time!

Hope some of you got out too! If so, please report how you celebrated Janeen's Birthday with us!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the Birthday rides!! I hope the next birthday is not too soon so that I have time to practice my riding with Suri! Hope to be riding along next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Not sure what to say. I've got goosebumps and my heart has melted that my 50th birthday has started a new tradition! It has truly been a special birthday and all my horse friends are the best! You have no idea what you all mean to me! This blog is creating even more friendships! My trainer did mention yesterday that Tygs will be ready soon! I can't wait to post that the first time!

    ReplyDelete