Friday, March 4, 2011

A sad but great ride

Well the big news can be let out of the bag. I am moving to the Chicago area within the next 6 months. I will be taking Theo and I really really really hope Abby but the cost of boarding is 3 times what I pay now for one horse so we will see.

I've been waiting to post something on here because my favorite horsey friend Natalie didn't know yet. We rode together last night and it was hard cause we really enjoy each others company and that will be gone for the most part. (I will be going back up to visit lots!)

On to the riding...
Theo and I cantered really really good clock wise but failed to get a dececnt counter clockwise down. I did make progress on the issue though it's defiantely me causing it. If I really concentrate on keeping my hips even he will pick it up for a few strides but I can't hold it long enough. So I'll be working on myself and cantering him counterclockwise on the lunge line so he still gets the muscles that way. I also feel that since he has filled out the saddle may be to tight which would explain why it's just now bothering him. I'm looking at saddles tonight but may wait until the horse fair so I can try one on.

Tomorrow I'll be working both of them and hopefully I'll get some pics of us actually riding. Posts are boring with out pics :-)

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck in Chicago-As to saddles I love my Isabelle dressage saddle. It has the changeable gullet so that depending on growth and muscling of the horse I can just remeasure their gullet size and change if I need to so the saddle always fits. Once you get the hang of changing the gullet it takes about 10 minutes. Plus they are very reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. djee that must be hard I hope you can find a boarding stable and keep both horses. Spread the word maybe somebody come up with something you never know.

    Good thing your cantering did go well even if it was a couple of strides, you can go back to that feeling. I realy reccoment you read some articles from Wendy Murdoch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will! Zoe I have the Wintec 500 but someone is using my next up gullet plus I have a feeling it's the back that is bothering him. Do you have the Cair panels? I am wondering if a flocked saddle would give just a little extra support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the moving, I hope you will be able to find a place that is a bit more affordable so that you can take both of your horses. Maybe you can find someone who wants to ride a couple times a week and will share the payment for the stable with you? This is very common here in the Netherlands, I don't know how it is over there. Good luck and I hope it works out well for you. I can imagine you will miss your riding friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the and Isabelle with flocking and my mother has the version with the cair panels. Both of us prefer my saddle with the flocking for our comfort and how it fits the horses.

    ReplyDelete