Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pony with Curls....Pigtails...and a pink helmet kinda a Saturday

Hello Curly Nation!! 
I received one of my new helmets *Had an AH HA moment and am now committed to always wearing one*  yesterday JUST in time to wear it while working with Sassy. So ....I put my hair in pigtails.....put on my pink helmet...and loaded my Pony with curls......The weather has turned back to COLD again..but the sun was out ...and it was a beautiful afternoon. 

I trailered her over to a friends arena and she did very very well in the trailer.  Im pretty convinced that we have overcome the shaking and serious drenching sweat that I was seeing.  Im so glad that leaving the divider pinned to the trailer worked.....and that even tho she was having panic attack symptoms while loaded...she follows me on to the trailer with no issues. To me that is a shining example of what trust ground work builds....and how it carries over into those moments that could end up on You Tube....but thankfully goes wonderfully.

Our goal yesterday was working to elevate her fitness level even tho still on restricted movment and....we worked on smoothing out our transitions.....Sassy tends to want to be a little exhuberant when asked to step up the pace.....and when asked to step it down...takes a step or two more than it should.   She is quick to pick up on what I'm asking and we were much improved by the end of the session.  I love seeing what should be in my minds eye...and then Sassy almost immediately responding!!!  I think mental visualizing is a great tool for us humans to utilize! We walked...circled in each corner....in both directions....figured eight....and trotted.  She reloaded in the trailer....rode home...was groomed...and yawned so big I could see thru to  her tail...LLLLOLLLL
Im going to canter her next week if the hock is still behaving...... Wouldnt the whole world be such a better place if every one could have a Pony with curls....pigtail....pink helmet Saturday???!!!!






  




  ~♥then God Created the Curly Horse and it was AWSOME♥ ~
 Horsey Hugs from Sassy and Krista in Ohio

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...not sure what I did..there are picts attached...and if you click the lil boxes...it shows the pict...but not showing unless you click??...Anyone else having that issue???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for your pictures, I just look forward to them, being you take such wonderful pictures of Sassy and you. I did click on them and it was really good to see you riding again, that had to feel awesome! The weather had turned cold here also, and we got over a foot of snow last week. But they are finally talking 50s, by Friday, first day of the mini contest! I was wondering if you ride with your rythm beads on as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,yes, I saw the pictures! You have such an expression of concentration until you smile! Sassy looks like she takes it all in stride. She is so beautiful. Glad her leg is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dana and Susan! It was AMAZING to be back on her....
    Dana I do ride with rhythm beads...the necklace and the mane and tail clips. She was very open to them from the beginning and like the clicker I think the familiarity does have an impact on her. I hope it warms up here soon...It has been sunny, but soooo cold.

    Susan, you are totally on target... she does take most all in stride....thank goodness...cause Im sure there are times she wonders if she is ever going to get me trained...LOL!!!
    Im so hoping I get to canter her later this week! Keep your limber parts crossed for us!!

    ReplyDelete