Saturday, March 12, 2011

Standing to be groomed

Today I finally decided to tie Voelie and have her stand to be groomed. It was great. I am a bit ashamed to say but it was the first time she stood tied. The weather is getting really nice out, feels like spring, but Voelie is hanging on to her winter curls. I think her coat is itching her so I groomed her with the rubber massage brush. She Loved! it. She really leaned into me brushing her and really enjoyed it. She did feel a couple of times that she was tied when she wanted to go backwards but it was very calm and then she just stood still again! I was so pleased with her and am encouraged to work at this more often. After the grooming session we did the groundwork with the yielding exercises. It might seem small but today felt like a big accomplishment!

2 comments:

  1. Those seemingly small accomplishments sure feel good, don't they? I have misplaced my rubber curry comb. Thanks for reminding me to replace it! ;) AhD is just starting to shed. This is the latest I remember him starting. -Susan in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, she will shed soon! I went outside the other day and came back covered with hair. It reminded me that I needed to wear something that the hair did not stick to LOL

    You should ask my mum, Shelly, about the things we use to tie our horses up. (I forget what they are called). We now use them for all the horses but they are especially good for the ones that have never been tied before! Sounds like you are well on your way tho :)

    ReplyDelete