Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring, Maybe?

The snow is finally starting to met. I think this was the first time since fall that I have been outside in just a sweatshirt. The weather was in the 50's and I had to cut out of work early on Thursday to come home and get a quick ride in before I had to get my little one from daycare. The snow has come down quite a bit, it was just below the middle line on my fence. My gate was still froze shut so Marley and I couldn't get out to the back pen to ride through some snow to do some trotting and cantering. So we where on ice again under that layer of poop. I did stop at the dollar store on the way home as well and picked up some items for our first mini contest and started doing some desensitizing already as well as working on turning on the haunches. Marley's turning is coming along nicely but once we get nice dry place again to work I think he will be polishing that off nicely. He wants so hard to please and do what you ask. They are talking snow up to 6" again for us on Tuesday night into Wednesday, so well I have the nice weather I am going to take advantage of it. Happy Spring Everyone!!! Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

2 comments:

  1. Wow you still have a ton of snow! I'm in southern WI and almost all of the snow is gone for us. Good for you getting a head start on the contest... I still have to read the options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to be riding out in a sweatshirt with nicer weather!
    Hopefully the last snoe will melt soon and your gate will be defrozen so that you can use it again.

    ReplyDelete