Monday, March 7, 2011

There is still snow out there!

But it was a pretty nice day even though there is still now and ice and now some mud as well!

I took *Kobee out on the trail today, this was his first time out since last summer and he was pretty good.  He was looking at a few things, but for the most part he was well behaved.  That is, until we got home and I stopped by my mom's house (she lives next door) and she opened her door to a VERY surprised Kobee and we had what we call a "significant" spook LOL.  But he was pretty honest about it, I was not unseated at all and after a bit of discussions he agreed that my mom was not a fire-breathing dragon and he could chill while I talked with her a bit.

Anastasia came along with me - she rode *Tessa for me, which I do appreciate as Tess does need the miles to continue to regain her girlish figure after having her foal last year :)  So luckily, Anastasia was able to get a few more photos of me and Kobee on the trail.  Here they are!
I hope to get out again tomorrow - I want to take Kobee out on the trail by himself - this is so good for their confidence.  I will admit that the snow could really melt anytime it likes now, seriously LOL.
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

3 comments:

  1. Shelly -- If only I could just whisk myself and my horse onto your trails... your teensy bit of snow cover looks SO positively gorgeous ... wonderful photo's - looks like a nice outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, such beautiful photos and scenery. Loved the "fire breathing dragon" part...and I'm sure you mother appreciates NOT being one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Betsy and Donna, lets plan a trip and descend upon Shelly. Shelly, you don't mind putting up with three uninvited guests and their horses, do you? yuck, yuck. You shouldn't keep all that beautiful scenery to yourself.

    ReplyDelete