Wednesday, March 30, 2011

lunging

Today I lunged Suri in walk and trot. Even with bad weather coming and most horses are a bit restless (Voelie did not even want to eat, only when I was standing with her to keep her calm, she is more the nervous type of horse) Suri was really calm and did not mind anything at all. She was so clever about it and understood exactly what I wanted. Her understanding of the Dutch language is great:) She dit all the transitions lovely and was so nice and quiet in trot. I was proud of her, she is an extremely gentle horse. I hope next week to have our first ride together. She seems to have settled in nicely now and all the steps so far she is doing great so I think she is ready for some riding. I know I am:) I will of course let you know how it goes! With Voelie I just petted her today and stood with her while she ate her hard food. She was really feeling restles because of the weather.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Jessica!!! I can so tell you are already in love with Sweet Suri!!! I can't wait to hear about your first ride!! I hope you have great weather for it...it started snowing here again a little bit ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krissy, Suri is such a sweet and lovely horse. Weather this weekend and next week is going to be really good. Now it's raining a bit but the field can use a bit of rain to get the grass growing. You really have cold weather over there, I hope it warms up for you!

    ReplyDelete