Monday, March 7, 2011

HOORAY - big breakthrough for ME (miss no confidence). Riding Prairie bareback decided to go out through our gate to the desert behind our house. Coming down a little rise, Prairie spied a wheelbarrow that was upside down - and did a quick 180 whirl. I had not one bit of loss of balance - she took me with her, stopped easily and we were able (somehow!!!) to pass the wheelbarrow and get safely out to the desert.

I've had such a problem with confidence since I was hurt I would have been terrified of a spook like this a year ago and bareback to boot - she is taking great care of me!

Teresa & Prairie

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when they can act like horses - get scared and take us with them!? Great about your seat and your confidence!
    Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to take that big step. I didn't have anything happen yet but I am to scared to try to get on Marley bareback. I can do it on Larry but he is nice and wide and I feel like I have something under me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this is a great way to start building all that confidence back again .. sitting a nice spin - great for you ! I bet the more you sit calmly through them, the less she'll execute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I have been working on my confidence also this past year. I have to keep reminding myself to just breath, and just taking a deep sigh helps me relax a lot.
    Kim in WA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, Teresa! I'd love to see a picture of the desert in your area. Everywhere I look, there is snow.

    ReplyDelete