Saturday, March 5, 2011

Indoor Recess

That's what today felt like. We have had so much rain today and it isn't letting up. With the amount of packed snow we had it's just turned everything to a skating rink. I spent time with Linus in his pasture because it had good footing still but we couldn't go out. I cleaned out his pasture a bit and that induced a lesson in manners...and giggles. He simply could not leave the forks or scoop alone. They weren't in the right place unless they were lying down. Then of course he had to try to pick them up again.
We play the following along game again and he did very well with that. I'm disappointed I deleted one of the cutest pictures ever. My son (2.5 years old) peddled his toy tractor and wagon with Linus's feed in it out for him the other day. It was so adorable. Linus seems to shrink a bit when Owen is around because he totally mellows out.
We worked on picking up feet again and had to do some circles a few times. Linus is getting fed up with having them worked on. He has a few small cracks on the bottom inside wall that I have to keep cleaned out so they don't split. I can't wait for spring and firmer ground so they can properly have a chance to grow back out again. But, he is smart with catching on that I don't give up until I get the job done a before long he was standing nice for me.
With the milder weather I threw him off by wearing a different coat. This one didn't have any hood strings which he usually pulls as a greeting. He searched hard for them but had to give up. It was pretty funny.
I'm hoping for nice enough weather to not only get out with Linus tomorrow but also to finally get our 2010 RAC ribbon and vest pictures.
Hope you are all high and dry!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Donna - I am SO sick of this weather! Our outdoor arena is still got snow and ice - cannot use it at all. Isn't it funny when you change coats? Sometimes is scares my horses LOL.

    ReplyDelete