Wednesday, March 9, 2011

*Kobee's turn

One of the things that I like about this RAC thing is that I am writing down how many hours I am putting on each horse.  It is helpful to look and see exactly how much time I have actually putting into each one!  I just did a quick tally and, including today, I have put 8.5 hours into *Kobee.  That is not a lot of time, considering I had to restart him as he had not been ridden since last August.

He did really well today - he is really starting to give me a bit of softness - which is an area that was seriously lacking for him.  We did quite a bit of canter work today too and that is coming along, although he really likes to pop up and gets quite a stiff neck when asked to canter - so we worked on long and low and move out/more forward today. 

I only rode one horse today - I don't even want to admit that I am sick yet again - but one horse is all I can muster the energy for each day - oh well, get it all over with now and then I'll be good for a couple of years (that is the theory anyway LOL).

No pictures today - but will try to get a few next time - I am more grateful every day for that lovely indoor arena I get to use - without it things would be going so much more slowly for me.....lucky me!
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

3 comments:

  1. I love it when they start to get that soft feel. I hope you are not coming down with a serious cold....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like being able to see on paper how many hours I've put into my horses! And you should feel fortunate about your arena! I don't have an arena or round pen and sure could use it at times. I am fortunate to have a friend about 10 miles away that will let me use hers, though, which I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better again soon! It is great how you get to see how much time you spend with your horse and if you are meeting your own goals!

    ReplyDelete