Sunday, March 20, 2011

A sunny day

It was really nice and sunny out today. I took Voelie for a walk to the park, and made our outing a bit longer by going to the far end of the park (the larger instead of the smaller circle). She was a bit hesitant along the road but not as much so as last time. In the park she was fine. We met a couple out walking and they commented on how nice she looked and what breed she was so this gave me the opportunity to promote the breed a bit!
We also had cars pass us but she does not mind them anymore, she is definately getting used to things.
When we came back I tied her and groomed her. I got a few good handfuls of hair out:) She is shedding but not very heavily yet.
We had a very good day together and she is definately enjoying doing things because yesterday when I did not have too much time and just fed her she tried to come with me out of the gate and realle tried to get my attention to do more. She enjoys to come out, today also she was happy to come with me so that's very good.

This coming tuesday my new horse is arriving! Her name is Missouri's Sunshine. I will tell all about her on tuesday. I am very exited allready for her arrival. She will be my riding horse and my curly team partner. Of course I will keep up the groundwork with Voelie also.

2 comments:

  1. Voelie is coming along! It feels so good when they want to do something with you! How exciting about the new horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jess..I bet you are excited! You are sounding so much more confident and happy with your sessions with Voelie. It really sounds like you turned a corner in your "partnership". So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete