Monday, March 7, 2011

Pictures Finally!

I finally decided the weather was good enough to take some pictures of our 2010 RAC "hardware" - as my Dad calls it. It wasn't really warm enough to be dressed this way, it was about -10C so not too bad and the sun was warm. I was on my lunch break and my husband was at the farm with me...a pretty rare situation and completely worth taking full advantage of. Especially since it rained all day Saturday and then snowed all day Sunday!!
First of all, if any of you are shopping online at CHC, I very highly recommend the vest!! Gorgeous fabric, exceptionally warm and now my favourite vest! (i have a few...)

My poor ribbons are a little worse for wear now since mouthy ol Linus can't help himself from investigating anything and everything that crosses his path! So he chewed on his Reserve Grand Champion ribbon as you can see in some of the pictures. So, now it matches some of my Angus show ribbons that the show girls have managed to pull off the banner backdrops and chew on! And like I said to my husband; it's literally got Linus written all over it now!

This is the Reserve Grand Champion ribbon (ground division)...gold and red tails are each in his mouth!

6th place overall...so proud of this because he is too young to get points for riding

Trying to show the vest and since it is new Linus is also trying to see what smells different!

Better picture of the vest...and my big hairy hug!

Both ribbons at once...this was quite a task! You can see the chewed RGC tails!

This was my husband's favourite picture of the day...I think it would have been a bit nicer if his head was turned a bit more. He really put a smile on my face today with all of his character.


With the exception of the vest - which I was still wearing - here are all of Linus's ribbons for 2010. The neck sash ribbon is from the May mini challenge. 2010 was such a blast and would have been just as amazing regardless of the prizes! But on that note thank you so much Denise!

I didn't have time to change into my coat before going back to work. I stopped at the corner store for a drink and was brushing some horse hair off of me, then I stopped, realising that wasn't nice of me. I told the owner, a very nice man, not to worry since he was a hypoallergenic horse and of course that spurred a great conversation about Curlies. Which of course they are such an easy breed to brag about! Especially Linus of course!!!
We are becoming very well known in the area because we are so often out. Actually a neighbour passed us on the weekend and I was out walking with my son, nephew, parents and dogs. He was shocked to not see Linus with us too! It's only the second time since Linus coming home that he has seen me on the road and not with Linus. Kind of funny to be known that way but I love it.
It's a small world and you never know who knows who but should anyone know someone who is looking for a 4 wheeled buggy (the one seen in my blogs) I am looking to trade or sell it. Linus is going to be too tall for it and I think I would prefer a 2 wheeled cart.
Happy pancake day tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I love the ribbons and the vest - I want one! I am always on the look out for a "good" vest, you know the one.... it fits well, works for riding, is warm, and most of all the hair doesn't stick to it too badly. These are not easy to find!

    I know just what you mean about being known as something funny - around here I am known as the Curly lady LOL. I don't mind either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have checked first but the vests aren't actually in the curly store...potential there though maybe Denise? (I would buy another one!)
    Shelly the hair did not stick to the vest AT ALL. The hair I mentioned brushing off of me was from the sleeves of the shirt I had on under the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what two nice looking red headed models for the RAC !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, yes, Betsy, I noticed too that Donna's hair and Linus' hair MATCHES! Too cute. I love the pictures. AhD took a taste of his ribbon, too, and I also LOVE the fabric of the vest. I can't wait to wear it out and about this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linus is a very social fellow, which is wondeful! You have every right to be proud of your ribbons! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Donna! Love that Linus is chewing his ribbons:) So funny!
    I also like the vest! Would be a great addition to the CHC store!

    ReplyDelete