Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saddle up Moose



In 3 weeks we will have a fundraiser/ curly horse promotion day for a local Horse rescue at our farm.
We will also have pony rides for kids and since I was told Moos was ridden I thought let’s see what he will do with a saddle.
I took him to the barn and brushed him and worked a bit with him. Then I put the saddle pad on him and he just stood like it was normal. So I continued with the saddle. No problem. Then I took him on the trail and walked him a long way. After a while I needed to adjust the girth..he BITE me auwwww.
So I made him move move move. Then we walked on. I went to our house to get my camera and this is him. He looks good with a saddle I think, now we need to find a small person or a kid who can ride him.

Took him back to the field and he runs off with Lydiker



Marion, Kentucky
Hidden Cave Ranch

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Marion, but I laughed when you said "he bite me." I just wasn't expecting it, and I bet you weren't either!!! Well, you took care of it, anyway. Moose looks a heck of a lot different from when you first got him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a nice sweet calm horse to me, are you sure he bit you? I just can't see it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very suprised, and he looked at me nanananah

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol oh my, bit of a spark there now! He looks very nice indeed saddled up!
    Dian
    Winding Winds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Marion, he looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!! You have done a great job with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to to know that you have another saddle horse eh??

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks cute and ready to go with his saddle on! I also love the picture with Lydiker, he is really beautifull!
    Good luck with the fund raiser and curly promotion day! I imagine it's a lot of work to organise everything but also very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete