Saturday, March 26, 2011

More jumping

Hello All,
Friday was Vet day and my horses were the sweetest of course! Abby was checked to make sure she was not in foal and good news she isn't!! I'm very happy about that as I don't know what I would do with a foal this year. She was sedated for the palpation so he floated her teeth while she was out but that meant I couldn't ride her today.

I did get to ride Theo though.. We finally found a local trainer to go to for jumping lessons. So Natalie and I had our first lesson today. This was Theo's 2nd time away from the barn. He was a bit excited at first but once we got in the arena he knew it was work time. The lady was quite impressed with both of us and suggested we come to her show in two weeks to compete! Yikes! I guess it would be great practice for the fair. I get very nervous riding in front of other people but I'm going to put my brave breeches on and do it.
Now I REALLY need to buy a jumping saddle...I can see my husband rolling his eyes already :-)

As for the lesson we did a grid that started out just ground poles and she added on more and more jumps. We ended up jumping a cross rail, vertical, and then a 2'3" oxer. My first real oxer! Towards the end of the lesson we realized my stirrups were uneven the whole time! Once we got that fixed I felt even better about our riding.

Abby's turn tomorrow and I'll try to actually get pictures for you all.

There is only 3 weeks until the Midwest Horse Fair and I think we are ready. I am making curtains for all the Curly stalls. They are made out of crushed velvet which is a pain to sew but I thought it would "match" the Curly coat the best. I just got the ICHO banner in the mail this week too. If anyone is going to the fair just to visit make sure you stop by and say hi!

Until next time Theo, Abby and Blaine
Wisconsin, USA

3 comments:

  1. Big girl breeches - I like it! 2'3" sounds HUGE. Holy Smokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job and loads of luck at the fair !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - go for it! Sounds like you guys are coming along very fast and doing good work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete