Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Missouri's Sunshine arrives!!

Today my new horse Missouri's Sunshine arrived! She had a long journey from Sweden to the Netherlands. Lots of thanks to Berit for selling me this lovely horse!

While I was waiting for her to arrive I first gave Voelie a good grooming, she is shedding lots now. Then the transport company called that they were almost there and I went to the road to meet them. Suri (for now my nickname for Missouri's Sunshine) came out of the truck and was really quiet and easy to handle. For me this was the first time I saw her as I had only seen her on pictures and video! She looks lovely and also very large! I have never owned such a tall horse!

I led her in to the paddock and walked around the parimeters with her. I had Voelie and the Shetland in the adjecent field so they would be seperate at first.

At first Suri ignored me but after the whole afternoon she came up to me more often so the first part of bonding was succesful, the next days we will work more on our bonding. I will also groom her a lot because she was sweating, it is colder in Sweden then over here so she needs to shed some of her coat!

Suri has great manners and it shows that she has been tought things well, she easily yields when I ask this of her and also picking up her feet was easy. This was necesary because she had managed to get her leg over the electric wire and get stuck! Luckily she was loose soon and when I checked her legs there were no injuries but she did give me a scare.

She needs to bond a bit more with Voelie and the Shetland, they are not really interested in her at the moment, I hope they will become closer soon and that Suri settles in well here.

After she is settled in and she is more used to me I will pick up her training. She has started saddle training in Sweden but is still young and not too experienced so we will start slowly. Here are some pictures of Missouri's Sunshine.

I love this picture, she is so beautiful here!

Her cute face.

Running!

At the end of the afternoon the horses were standing closer together eating. Here you see Suri and Voelie.

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Jessica!!! Suri is GORGEOUS! I am so happy for you!! How many days in travel was she? She sure traveled well. You are going to have so much fun with her - and we anxiously await all your news and adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jessica!!! I love the name you gave her! She is beautiful, I'm sure you will bond in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suri is lovely, and I share your excitement. I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures with her. Congratulations, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Jessica!! CONGRATULATIONS on your new Girl!!!Suri is GORGEOUS!! What wonderful adventures the two of you are going to have!!! I am soooooo thrilled for you!!!! Suri is so blessed to have you as her human!!!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody!
    She went on transport on monday morning around 9 o clock and then arrived on tuesday at 14.15, so quite a long travel for her.

    I hope to post a lot about our adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations!!! She looks beautifull I am so happy for you!
    How tall is she? and is she broke to ride or do you need to train her?

    Have fun and I am looking forward to read you adventures with Suri and Voelie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Marion, she is about 1.60 and she has started her training in Sweden and has been ridden there.

    ReplyDelete