Tuesday, March 15, 2011

hand grooming

Today I thought I should pay some attention to Voelie's tail. A while ago I spent some time hand grooming her mane and now I decided to do her tail. After the yielding exercises which are now a quite regular part of our routine (allways a bit different, or in a different order or setting to keep it more interesting) I had her stand still in the sunshine and worked with her tail. She stood still very nicely and was enjoying it! I worked all the way through her tail (she has a really full and lovely tail) and it now looks gorgeous and fluffy:) She really did not mind me working on her tail at all and was really patient.

The first hairs of her coat are also coming loose now with the nice and sunny weather (about 15 degrees C today:) so probably soon she will be shedding all over! It also seems that she is starting to grow again with the warmer weather, her hindquarters are a lot higher again then the front part.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica, isn't it fun with a youngster how much they change as they grow. To me Linus was always looking so great but looking back compared to now he sure had some gawky moments!! (must be the "face only a mother could love" type of thing!! You must be loving the temperatures...we might get to 12C on Thursday or Friday here.
    Sounds like you are making great progress with Voelie...how is it going with getting the new horse??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, glad that you and Voelie had some good bonding moments. Bet her butt will stay higher for quite some time.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I am sure when I look back I will think Voelie looks a bit funny with her butt so much higher but indeed at the moment she looks beautifull too me:) I do indeed love the warmer weather!
    The new horse is arriving next tuesday!!! Very exiting. It feels strage to talk about her now that she is not here yet so I will save the rest of the info for next week!

    Susan, it was indeed a great bonding moment! I think it will indeed take a while before her front end catches up to the hight of her butt:)

    ReplyDelete