Thursday, January 20, 2011

3 more days!!

Until the Packers play the Bears!!! Oh and me missing the game because I'm attending a Dressage/Jumping Clinic with Theo. It's terrible of me to say but I wouldn't be disappointed if the clinic was cancelled :-)
I'll survive though and we really need the lessons.

As for an update on riding Abby is really coming along with her endurance. I've increased her work to 10 minutes of lunging and 45 minutes of riding.
I posted the video of her gaiting on a forum and most of them think she is Racking. Who knew! I thought she was foxtrotting but she is so green it's hard to tell. Tuesday night I rode her and she was a little speed demon. I started giving both of them alfalfa pellets to compensate the oat hay they are getting so I think she has extra energy from that.
While we were riding I took one of my gloves from my sweatshirt pocket out and she did a huge bolt forward. I was bareback so I got thrown off balance some but managed to stay on. She has been so good about everything I forget how little she's been rode sometimes. She calmed down right away and it was like it never happened.. silly mare, I love her to pieces.

Theo is doing better now that he is getting medicine for his ulcers. I can tell when it "runs out" cause he is moody, his manure is often and smelly, and he doesn't eat good. I have a lady feeding him in the mornings now so he will get the medicine consistently. Thanks everybody for your tips and medications. I am going with the Smartgut and ulcerguard for major stress days.

Last night we rode with Natalie and Amigo in the indoor. I wanted to jump him prior to the clinic just to get a little extra practice in. He was wonderful! He did a true bounce with a jump, ground pole, and another jump. We also did another 2'5/6" vertical he actually tucked his front legs and jumped it versus his stepping over in front and jumping in the back.

I plan to video the clinic and of get lots of pictures all while promoting the Curly of course!

Well until next time Theo, Abby, and Blaine
Wisconsin (go Packers), USA

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear that Theo is healing! I am so curious about your video! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing the video, too. I cannot say that most of us here in Maine are as excited about the Packers meeting the Bears, as we are not Cheeseheads like you, but rather sorely disappointed Patriots. Although...my youngest brother is a Bears fan...and he has been waiting a long time. Generally I am riding guilt-free on Sunday afternoons while the men in the house are glued to the TV screeching and hollering, so I will be sorry to see the football season end.
    You did well to sit a forward scoot bareback. You must have a good seat!

    ReplyDelete