Saturday, January 15, 2011

It takes two to tango

Finally a great day. A lot of wind in the morning but around 2 it was perfect riding weather I decided.
However since my flyby I am not comfortable just taking Freedom and go. The riding arena is now turned into a mud pool very slippery and the roundpen is even worse.
So I took my Spirit and ponyed Freedom again. I can go to the neighbors farm too and that’s beautiful. The snow was melting so I could see the ground more, there is some barbwire sometimes and I am very careful because I don’t want the horses to step in it. Spirit was great as always and Freedom did his best. On our way back I thought lets switch. We could see the barn and Freedom wanted to go back anyway so I thought that would be good enough. And so we did and it went great. Did had my camera on me, but needed every hand and forgot when we got back.
I hope this is a positive experience for Freedom. Now the ice and snow is gone I hope to take him to my friend who has a huge!! roundpen I can ride in and do groundwork without slipping and sliding.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Freedom are really coming along! I hear you about the mud. My part of the state is muddy too. I thankfully have an indoor arena to ride in! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you got back on him, even for a few minutes - each time will build up to be many times and he will come along.
    Our snow is melting now too - I hope not all of it though! We aren't ready for mud yet!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good Marion! I know all about mud! I used to live in another part of the Netherlands with kley ground. Luckely where I am now we have sand which is better but with all the rain we are having even this is getting muddy. Good luck and I hope it dries quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I know what you mean Jessica I lived in North Holland....the mudpool. But this mud is even worse! it is so sticky within two steps you feet are 3 times bigger or you boot is gone hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome job taking him out again! Hope you are feeling better!! It sounds like a totally positive experience for him. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Wonderful. Keep on dancing Tango!

    ReplyDelete