Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Curly promotion

Today I finally got back to my training with Voelie. Last week my kids and I had the flu and it was difficult enough to find the energy to go and feed Voelie. Luckily my husband fed her a couple of times. My husband is actually afraid of horses but he does like Voelie and he was also ok with the Curlies I owned before her!

Today I started back with the usual routine of getting Voelie to listen to me, picking up her feet. She thought she could get away with not picking up her feet, she gave me a look as if she was bored with picking up her feet and was trying to test my persistance. In the end she nicely picked up her feet and it was fine. We also practiced some games where she moved her hindquarters, backed up and followed me.

Although I did not do much outside with Voelie last week I did have some progress with the Curly promotion here in the Netherlands. I received a message that my Curly article has been published in a magazine for therapeutic riding! I did not recive a copy yet but am off course very exited.
I am also in contact with another magazine about publishing another article on Curlies, I will let you know how that goes.

I also received a question through my website of a girl who is doing a school project (elementry school) on horses and horse breeds. She wants to include the Curly horse so I suggested I would send her some Curly folders (I made a curly folder in Dutch a couple of years ago in order to promote the breed) and some information on curly horses. It is great to hear that others, who don' t even own Curlies, are enthousiastic and want to contribute in promoting the breed!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jessica!! GREAT job promoting with articles and helping others spread the word about the breed. This is fantastic!! I am glad you are feeling better..seems the flu is going around. Thank heaven our hubbies help us out when we are down. =] Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Jessica! Writing an article is quite an accomplishment in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! You are doing wonderful Jess!

    ReplyDelete