Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A ride with my brother :)

Hello again everyone!

This weekend, as most weekends, I went home away from my studies to be slaved into work by my mother. HAHA just kidding. I had a great weekend of riding and even took my brother Steven along! It's safe to say that he's not a rider. In fact, I believe this is the second time I've ever seen him on a horse! However, he's quite fit and did just fine....although he did mention on the way back that he felt that he would be sore the next day. Steven got to ride *Bijou and she was just perrrrrrrrrfect for him. I was SO happy with her.

Here's Steven and Bijou on the trail.
















Now because Steven was riding Bijou, I got to ride MY horse *Cuervo!!! I don't get to ride Cuervo that much anymore because he is either being leased out, I'm teaching lessons on him, or I'm riding a different horse that needs the miles more than Cuervo does. So, I was very happy to be back on my boy! However, he hadn't been ridden in quite a while so he was a little cheeky LOL. Mind you, cheeky for Cuervo is prancing at the walk (if you can even call it that), or bumping you with his nose when you're getting him ready, nothing at all really. I think his cute, cheeky attitude is so hilarious LOL. Here's the pictures I took of Cuervo and I :)



















Well, that's it! I'll try to blog next weekend when I hopefully go for another ride.
Until next weekend!

Happy Riding :)
Anastasia

Summerland, British Columbia
Canada

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, Anastasia, you and Steven don't look the worse for wear for all that slave driving that your mom does. You sound like one of my kids! Cuervo sounds like a doll, and I'm glad you got the opportunity to ride him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good girl Bijou was to carry your brother safely! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the ride together...and that you had fun with your favorite boy. He is awesome...they both are! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like my daughter -- she is always happy to ride her boy too after putting miles on other horses for her Mom :) We appreciate cheeky also here ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya, I really have to twist Anastasia's arm to ride Bijou! We gave my son Steven a pair of winter riding boots and he said he better learn to ride now, with the boots and all LOL - so Bijou is doing lessons now - such a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is awesome! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Thanks Anastasia for remembering to put your name and location at the end of your post! =] I think it's fun for everyone to see where the pics are taken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! thanks everyone for your comments! And you're welcome Denise :)

    ReplyDelete