Monday, January 31, 2011

Frustrated

It is like I am not allowed to work with my horses. Finely after two weeks doing nothing I was up and ready. First I was very sick, then my parents were here for a week , ok I did one day something when my parents where here.
First I took Mallie out of the field. She was so excited she was the one getting attention. She is so sweet and she loves to hug all day. But today I wanted to do some ground work. Since it is still a big mud pool everywhere I took here for a walk and showed here some things she’d never seen.
Mallie is like ok…we look…we snore…and we go… She is very easy excited and she puts her tail up in the air and she trots off. But now I was in control, no trotting no running, just learn, listen and absorb what you see miss Mallie :-). But wauw when she is in the field she can trot, she will make a great dressage horse.
My dad has EXTREME allergies for horses it is very bad. So I made him pet Mallie and..no reaction, just a little bit but not as near as he has with the other horses.
( my mom and dad with Mallie)

I wanted to get Lydiker for him since a bought him a little bit for him. And Freedom too but they are in the field with other horses so I did not want to take that chance my dad gets so bad when he has a reaction.
Freedom was taking a nap.

I worked Moose also al bit and he was very good but he had more attention to the grass.

Yesterday was a beautiful day but we had to go to a funeral and I was not feeling well again.
Today I was up and ready to go at 7.30……8.00 it is raining, no not raining it is like somebody opened a water hose in the sky whuuuhuuuuu more mud, I am getting frustrated I want to work the horses. But this is to slippery and dangerous.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marion, I sure hope the weather gets better for you soon! I know what it's like to not be able to do anything with the horses because of weather conditions. Over here ist good now. Quite cold but dry!
    So cute that Freedom lets you sit with him while he naps! Voelie stil gets up when I walk up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you feel better soon. Cool that your Dad has no reaction from your Curlies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion is that Moose in the last photo?? He looks like a totally different horse!!! Wow! GREAT job getting some good meat on his bones. =] Dont worry it won't be long and your weather will be outstanding..hang in there! Glad you are feeling better and you had a great time with your parents. Thanks for the update and great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that's Moose he is doing great, thanks.
    Kayla is getting bigger too, there must be a foal coming I am excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion, don't be frustrated when your parents are around. This is important! Your horses will survive that little less training for sure! You will have beautiful weather soon in your fantastic country! By the way, you are a wonderful palomino curly yourself as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. We had horrid amounts of mud in 2010. I was anxiously awaiting a freeze up and a good cushion of snow...unfortunately in about 2 months we'll be back into mud and slop!

    ReplyDelete